Pacey & Joshua in the Triumph - Opinions?

SPJ&E

I put the Triumph in my moms' vehicle yesterday for Joshua and Pacey had to try it out, so of course I took a picture. I can't tell if there's 1 inch above his head or not...I think there is at one angle, but not at another (I know you all know what I'm talking about, lol).

He hasn't ridden in this seat since he was about 16 months old and he doesn't NEED to and I do think he's too tall. But what do you all think?

Pacey - almost 2.5 years old, 28 lbs., and 36 in. tall (torso is about 12.5")
DSCN8885.jpg
DSCN8886.jpg

And one of Joshua just because it's a cute one, lol...he's almost 14 months here, 21.5 lbs., and 30 in. (torso is about 12")
DSCN8888.jpg

ADS

SPJ&E

It's not an infant insert...it's just the way the head support is. That's the piece that has velcro and you pull it up to get to the harness height adjustment. It's an older Triumph...from I think 2003.

mominabigtruck

Ohh, it looks like the one I had for a day that had a whole bunch of inserts that came out. That's why I didn't like it, once you took all the inserts out it was pretty flat with no padding.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Well, Joshua definitely fits!!!! :)

It is hard to tell about Pacey. I would say "play it safe" and not use it.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I think it's neat that he's at least still even remotely close to fitting RF at that age...so many kids are too tall before like 20 mos....

Cute boys, AS usual :)

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I would probably say no... time to FF in that seat.

That's amazing though... Aiden had a Triumph and he outgrew it in height at 18 months!

3acorns4Christy

Wow, he's cutting it close on that one. It looks so comfy cozy!
I cannot believe how big he is now, I remember seeing pics when he was still tiny (younger then Josh). And Josh definitly fits:thumbsup: lol. He too has gotten huge!

SPJ&E

Thanks you all! Pacey hasn't used it since he was about 16 months because I thought he was really close to outgrowing it rear-facing by height. Maybe his torso height just hasn't changed, lol.

Joshua uses it now as a spare, with plenty of growing room. I'm not comfortable putting Pacey in it because he's so close. We have 2 Sceneras for spares, but he's got a Marathon and Decathlon for the 2 cars he's in the most, so it's not a big deal.

He won't be forward-facing until he's 33 lbs. or his head is even with the top of his Marathon/Decathlon...no ifs, ands, or butts!

Oh and Christy, I know...they have both grown so much, so fast!

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
Cute boys! :)
Yeah, I think he's too tall. That's about where Ezra was height-wise when I switched him to the Wizard from the Triumph. I was so sad that he outgrew the Triumph so early rear facing. He was 2, which I know is older than lots of kids make it in that seat, but he was only 26 or 27 lbs IIRC.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC