New Radian cover patterns?

mom22boys

CPS Technician
I remember reading somewhere that new covers may be coming out sometime soon, and I'm wondering if anyone knows any more about this? I'm going to need to buy another Radian before the end of the year. I don't know if I should hold out for the new ones or just pick one up when I see a really good price.

Thanks!

ADS

bnsnyde

Weird but the SK homepage has hardly any of the carseats up (at least when I just clicked on the site). Makes me wonder if new Radians are about to come out?

There is only a Flora pattern for girls. No Shadow anymore. What is going on?

Pixels

Historically Radians start their new "model year" with seats manufactured 9/1, and it takes at least a month for them to start showing up here.

zactayaus

Oh how I'd love it if the came out with a new RN that had a smaller RF boot so that the seats wouldn't be so hard to get an upright install in most cars. Or maybe two boots! An infant boot and a toddler boot. I can dream right.:eek:

tiggercat

zactayaus said:
Oh how I'd love it if the came out with a new RN that had a smaller RF boot so that the seats wouldn't be so hard to get an upright install in most cars. Or maybe two boots! An infant boot and a toddler boot. I can dream right.:eek:

But then there would be interference with the latch connector at the belt path in more vehicles, and more risk of slippage/loosening.

bnsnyde

And SK claims a more upright angle would make it unsafe for the smallest of babies. I already asked along that route.

OK, maybe. But can't I as a parent have the option to make it more upright (if a new product came out and was tested to be safe at various angles)? Can they have recline LEVELS? True, there could be user error with a parent putting it too upright for a newborn. But that's the case with many seats.

Stelvis

tiggercat said:
But then there would be interference with the latch connector at the belt path in more vehicles, and more risk of slippage/loosening.

Yes, this. It's already too thin for a lot of latch installs or rigid buckle stalks. Make it thinner and it'll be almost impossible.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
It's been bantered about that a possible answer is not to make it thinner at the front, but thicker at the back. Or they could use another method, like extending the boot out the front of the seat. There's more than one way to skin a cat and all that... ;)

MANDY1234

I remember reading somewhere that new covers may be coming out sometime soon, and I'm wondering if anyone knows any more about this? I'm going to need to buy another Radian before the end of the year. I don't know if I should hold out for the new ones or just pick one up when I see a really good price.

Thanks!

I asked them on FB. They said for sure in the fall :) I am so excited I hope it's something awesome!

bnsnyde

Just new covers? Colors?

What about a new seat? I'm just so curious is all.
I like my seats but am always eager to learn what new features we might see.

SK said a Radian is so strong it could go to 50 lbs. RF. In theory, of course. I don't remember who I spoke with. I'd be surprised if that happened. But who knows what I'll see in the Fall!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC