It's been a long time!

Shaunam

If anyone remembers, we moved from tennessee to ohio with a u-haul pulling our car. DS sat ff'ing in his cosco scenera on the passenger side (it didn't install well in the middle) and DH had to sit in the middle with only a lap belt :eek: . But the trip went fine and *only* took 3 1/2 days :thumbsdown: .

And we're here in ohio, got into our own place, and found a wonderful midwife for baby-on-the-way. I didn't know it until I was 13 weeks, but there is a homebirth midwife 3 miles from us!!! And she's just awesome, so I really lucked out. :D

So I know ya'll will be interested in this....

DS (almost 29 months) is even with the top slots on the evenflo chase we got for MIL's car. With the bottom pillow thingie taken out. Ai-yi-yi. What a waste of $70. :rolleyes: Our temporary solution....putting him in disposables when he's with MIL so he'll have an extra 1/2" or so. I don't know what we'll do after that, as ALL our extra money is for paying the midwife. :confused: If we can hold out until the new year, we can use our tax refund to get another regent I guess.

We don't have internet, but I escape to the library once in a while to get on-line and I sure do miss this place! :love:

ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Welcome Back!

Congrats on the new baby :love: When are you due?

Good to hear you are moved and settled!

NatenMaddiesMommy

Senior Community Member

Shaunam

I thought about the apex, but unless I can get my hands on one with 19" slots, it wouldn't have anymore growing room than the chase, which is about 16.5-17".

I thought about the kyle miller foundation and even went to the site already, but I'd feel guilty applying for a seat when we have a perfectly good regent in our car and lots of people don't even have one good seat. And it's not like I'm working and my mil baby-sits full-time or anything. She just takes him 3 or 4 times a week for a few hours. Darn conscience. :p

Here's hoping the little booger starts using the potty full-time, so he doesn't have to wear a diaper AT ALL, which would buy even more room in his seat. :cool:

Jewels-I'm due the end of Sept. :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC