Baby trend combination car seat???

krfogle88

I am sure this has been posted but I cannot seem to find it. While in our brand spanking new Target today I noticed a Baby Trend combination car seat... I didn't have time to play with it as DD was being fussy and the store was packed. So, what's the info on the seat? There was nothing else posted on it and no price point so I was kind of left in the dark.

ADS

henrietta

It's at our Target now, too.

Price: $99.00

It's really nice, but it does have some flaws. The back falls off really easily, plus it has a weird belt routing when using it w/the harness--similar to the Regent's long belt path, but not identical. I'm sure it has to do w/the back not actually attaching!
The red plastic pieces on the side bolsters are where the shoulder belt goes around the seat-you sort of weave everything through it. Not sure how I feel about that--I think the average parent will install it incorrectly, whether they use the lower anchors or the seatbelt.

It also has fairly short top harness slots for a combo seat, at about 17". I didn't measure it, but my boys sat in it and I know how they fit other seats w/17" top slots. The Evenflo Maestro doesn't go nearly as tall shell wise, but it's top slot is well over an inch taller (I think--didn't measure--just put my boys in it). My youngest is either right at or just above the 3rd slots on the Marathon/Decathlon...and he barely fit in the second from the top on the Baby Trend (he had 3 slots above his shoulders on the Maestro).

The cup holder attaches on either side, and it's not really in a great spot-it could interfere w/installing a carseat or booster next to it. The buckle has to be "put together" before you buckle it, but it's not a puzzle buckle-just slips together. Then you buckle it. It does beep a couple times at first when it's unbuckled, which is nice. You adjust the harness near the chest clip--on both sides--just pull to tighten. It has indicators to show when it's tight enough (but I didn't get a chance to really check that out).

For a short torsoed kiddo, I think it's a great alternative to the Nautilus. For the average kiddo, they probably would make it to age 4 and 40 lbs harnessed in it. For my long torsoed soon to be 3 year old, he probably will make it to 4 in...maybe....My soon to be 6 yr old was right at the top harness slots (44", 40 lbs).

The biggest downside is the non-traditional belt routing to install it. But it is a very sharp looking seat! I *think* it would have a good booster fit for my 6 yr old, but I'm not sure. It was hard to tell since I couldn't try it out in my car, but it looked better to me than the Evenflo boosters.

(-:

henrietta

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC