Learning Curve/ Tomy Complaint

momtoo3

:mad:. I bought a TFP in the end of April/early May and the cover was defective. I bought Bionic Splash but it was no longer available when I called Learning Curve at the beginning of May. They went through the very few choices that were available and I went with Retro Rails Brown. By the end of June I still had not received it so I called back and was told it was backordered. I asked for Elegance and was told it would ship within a week. I got it today and it was just the seat pad, no cover for the removable headrest and no infant padding, which I really don't need but that is not the point. So I guess they want my seat to have the Elegance black and red pad with the black/ aqua Bionic Splash headrest. Not going to happen. I paid over $200 for a seat, the set needs to match. I tried to call but they are only open until 12:30 on Fridays and ofcourse it was 12:42 pm. They will be hearing from me Monday!

ADS

canadiangie

Lol. Sorry, it's kind of comical to me. These reps and what nonsense they try to pull. Yeah, call and hold firm. It's completely reasonable for your "top" to match your "pants". Good grief.

kaleigh71

How frustrating. I had e-mailed them recently because of an issue I was having with the sewn-in labels coming off. I had washed it properly and air dried it. I was told I could purchase a set and that the cover must not be placed in a dryer. Duh, I didn't do that if you read my e-mail! After responding and repeating what I had done and also attaching a picture, she responded with a rather curt e-mail that they would replace the cover set as a one time courtesy.

I would definitely call them, and ask to speak to a supervisor if necessary, you shouldn't get a mix-and-match seat cover!

momtoo3

I just got off the phone with CS. First I was told that they only sent the seat pad because that was the only defective part and matching didn't matter. I asked for a supervisor and explained that it did matter because I paid for a new seat that matched and it was not my fault the cover was defective and that they no longer carry that cover. I want a matching seat. She said that the complete set should have been sent since they do not send individual pieces. Then she said she would send a new set. A minute later she asked me to hold and came back and said she would just be sending the headrest cover. I told her I wanted the infant padding too and she tried to refuse because the notes stated that my son was almost 3. I argued that I do child care and could also have more kids in the future (I really hope not!) and I would then want matching infant padding. She finally agreed to send the 2 pieces but said the warehouse would have to open a set to get the 2 pieces so it could take a few weeks :rolleyes:. Whatever, I told her I needed it by Aug 12 because we were leaving for vacation on the 13th and that is his seat in the truck and the rude lady said "Well your seat may not match for you trip and it won't matter." I could care less if the seat matches on the trip I just don't want the package delivered and sitting outside my door the whole week we are gone. My neighbor will be gone the same week so I would have nobody to grab it for me. She was just so rude but at least I am getting the missing pieces.

momtoo3

They just called me back and said that all of the covers in their warehouse in China have been packaged with just the seat cover and they do not know where the other parts are. Now I am waiting again while they they try to track the pieces down. They also only have the Retro Rails Navy available as a complete set out of all the cover options they offer. I am not a fan of the navy.

Lea_Ontario

They just called me back and said that all of the covers in their warehouse in China have been packaged with just the seat cover and they do not know where the other parts are. Now I am waiting again while they they try to track the pieces down. They also only have the Retro Rails Navy available as a complete set out of all the cover options they offer. I am not a fan of the navy.

I'm not sure I'd actually believe that at all, honestly.

Pixels

Wow. I was about to call and try to get a new cover, but I guess I'll wait a while. Maybe in a couple of months they will have something else in stock with all the matching parts.

babyherder

At this point I'd return the seat (if you can) and just buy a new one. Or pick something else. Also, I really like the bionic splash and if they couldn't send me a new cover that I liked I'd just get a whole different seat. I have seats with covers I don't particularly like but if I pay a few hundred for a seat it better be one I like!

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
I just got off the phone with CS. First I was told that they only sent the seat pad because that was the only defective part and matching didn't matter. I asked for a supervisor and explained that it did matter because I paid for a new seat that matched and it was not my fault the cover was defective and that they no longer carry that cover. I want a matching seat. She said that the complete set should have been sent since they do not send individual pieces. Then she said she would send a new set. A minute later she asked me to hold and came back and said she would just be sending the headrest cover. I told her I wanted the infant padding too and she tried to refuse because the notes stated that my son was almost 3. I argued that I do child care and could also have more kids in the future (I really hope not!) and I would then want matching infant padding. She finally agreed to send the 2 pieces but said the warehouse would have to open a set to get the 2 pieces so it could take a few weeks :rolleyes:. Whatever, I told her I needed it by Aug 12 because we were leaving for vacation on the 13th and that is his seat in the truck and the rude lady said "Well your seat may not match for you trip and it won't matter." I could care less if the seat matches on the trip I just don't want the package delivered and sitting outside my door the whole week we are gone. My neighbor will be gone the same week so I would have nobody to grab it for me. She was just so rude but at least I am getting the missing pieces.

Let me guess... was her name 4 letters long, starting with an E, ending with an A and had the name of a popular chocolate candy in the middle? Cuz, yeah, she's a real joy :rolleyes: I have a defective seat that cannot be used FF due to a broken TT clip and she refuses to do anything about it let alone let me talk to a supervisor :(

canadiangie

Let me guess... was her name 4 letters long, starting with an E, ending with an A and had the name of a popular chocolate candy in the middle? Cuz, yeah, she's a real joy :rolleyes: I have a defective seat that cannot be used FF due to a broken TT clip and she refuses to do anything about it let alone let me talk to a supervisor :(

Define broken TT clip? If it's what I'm thinking LC has a "fix kit" for it.

And OP, holy crap I'd be furious. I can't even post some of the stuff I would have said. I've reached a point where it's pretty much gloves-off with these companies (not just car seats) who don't give a rat's butt about customer service.

NannyMom

At this point I'd return the seat (if you can) and just buy a new one. Or pick something else. Also, I really like the bionic splash and if they couldn't send me a new cover that I liked I'd just get a whole different seat. I have seats with covers I don't particularly like but if I pay a few hundred for a seat it better be one I like!
:yeahthat: Are you getting just the 2 pieces, or the entire rest of the set? I'd make sure you get the harness covers, infant head rest, and belly pad too. You paid for a new seat with all that, it should all be able to match.

I had a defective anti rebound bar on mine. I called when it was just over 1yr from the DOM and she wanted to give me a hard time because I didn't have a proof of purchase. I ended up getting a new seat. But, uh. did she think I manufactured it on my own??

Yes, there is a fix for the tether clips. I even called and said I was a CPST and they sent me 4 or 5 extras.

momtoo3

Well her name didn't start with an E but it must have been her twin. I did not think about the harness covers or belly pad (I don't use the belly pad.) I will ask about those when I call back on Friday. The supervisor said they would have answers and contact me by Friday but to call if I hadn't heard anything by then. I am sure I will have to call.
I bought the seat at the end of April and would have to return it by Wednesday to be within 90 days but that won't happen with having 7 kids all week and baseball at night. Plus my Buy Buy Baby doesn't carry the TFP in store anymore and I need the seat for vacation in a couple of weeks. I used a store credit to pay for part of it and got a great deal because of them not carrying it anymore so I could not afford to order it anywhere else right now.

kaleigh71

Holy cow! I'm glad I didn't get that person, I had (via e-mail only) Susan. I hope you get your WHOLE cover set before your travel. After reading this I hope I get a whole *matching* set as well if I don't just get a Retro Rails brown seat cover. I did tell her I didn't care which cover, maybe I should have been more specific. Haven't heard back since I gave my seat info so we'll see.

Yikes on some crappy customer service!

kaleigh71

Let me know what they end up sending you. I just got an e-mail saying they ordered mine and it should take 5-10 days. Retro Geo Black. Hope it isn't just the seat cover!! :rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC