Ruthie's new Probooster - PICS!!

Kat_Momof3

to start, this is how she still fits in her Vivo, which we love (I sadly don't have a shot that shows growroom... but she has about 2" less than the probooster

July2011Vivo2.jpg

I put her in the same Dress today (but that pic was taken this month) to show the difference in fit... the Probooster is definitely deeper, which is okay right now, but I'm sure will be a good thing later on (right now, she's getting used to having to scoot her bum back further)... her knees are right at the edge and bend nicely... she says it's comfy and she doesn't try to pull her feet up to rest on the vehicle seat (not that she could), but she also doesn't try to prop her feet on my seat (I put her behind me for today, so I could feel if she put her feet up for comfort)
DSCN4495.jpg

to fit without a gap in my vehicle seat, I needed the recline bar in the down position... once I did that, it fit perfectly... no tipping, no rocking, nothing... my van is an 05 caravan and it fits in the captain's chair like it was made to go there... and the Misty morning helps it blend nicely. (Jeffrey asked me AGAIN when I first put it in if he could use it... poor guy...) In the house, her head was completely below the word "RECARO", so she definitely lost some grow room, but that's typical with my van.... Jeffrey has less than no grow room... he couldn't sit all the way in the seat, so I didn't bother taking a pick.

Here is the growroom Ruthie has.... and being now in the 45% for height, even with her long torso, she should have a good long time in it
DSCN4494.jpg

she was on number 5 or 6 for the setting, so she has about half of them to go.

and, not to leave him out... Jeffrey was so happy when (because it was so ungodly hot in his dad's car and he didn't want to do it himself), I pulled his combi dakota out and put it back in my car (I put the harmony back in there)

ADS

luckyclov

Love it. She looks great in both, but has heaps of room left in the PB.

The Recaro boosters have always, always, ALWAYS provided the best lap fit on my DS1. Unfortunately, he's just about outgrown the Vivo and the PB doesn't work in my vehicle where I need it to be (center).

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Love it! I bought one and tried a two and four year old and both had perfect lap belt fit too. Love this booster. :love:

Mags462

I wish it weren't tippy in my 3rd row :(

But your DD is so cute and it looks like a fantastic fit! :)

Kat_Momof3

I still haven't tried it in my third row... it's just still so hot out and we were rushing to the dentist this morning... I swear I will at some point.

I asked Ruthanne today how she likes her new booster... she gave me a big list of things she likes about it (pillows for when she's tired, the body wings to give her "more space to herself"... don't really get that one, but hey, whatever she wants... sits a bit higher so she can see more... the pillows don't stick out as far so she can see better, the fabric is super comfy, and it's easier to buckle) and then announced (as she rubbed the armrests) it's so perfect!

She asked if we can get another for her dad's car.... I told her no (but when the weather is cool, I may see if it fits... if it does, since she's gone down in percentiles and she's been growing leg, I might, if another one shows up for that price or they go on sale)... that I'd put her other booster in there... and she said... "but I like this one better!"

(considering that the other boosters she has are pink and this one is NOT... the fact she's loving this seat over them speaks volumes to me)

emandbri

She looks great! I've considered buying an envy cover and making the pro booster Benjamin's primary seat but he still falls asleep and it tilts in my van. If it could be latched it just might be the perfect seat.

bnsnyde

Love it!
I wonder if the harness to booster makes a good booster.
It'll be years before we are there, but we have the seat.
Awesome protection.

Kat_Momof3

from what I've heard and seen, the Prosport (their combo seat) makes a GREAT booster.

emandbri - maybe you need to import a Monza... or just convince them (call and nag Gayle to death) that they need to add rigid latch anchors (I would love it because this is not a light booster... lighter than the Monterey to me... but not as light as the vivo or (lighter still) the turbobooster.

Mags462

Ohhhh - rigid latch on this thing would make me immediately go out and buy 2 :D

So now my "car seat" wish list has grown to 1. TF that RF to 40lbs and 2. PB with Rigid latch ;)

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Mags462 said:
Ohhhh - rigid latch on this thing would make me immediately go out and buy 2 :D ;)

:yeahthatlove:

I have booster envy big time. I love the Probooster and DD together, but *need* the latch for DH's vehicle. I would buy tomorrow. My only other option is an Oobr, and my DH would not be happy with me spending that much on a booster when I already have 3.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC