Would this DOM/price bother you?

Lemonade

Just got my CCO. It's 8.14.10 DOM. Cost $178. I did have a code so it was only $143 but that was a code that could have been used on anything so I don't consider that to be completely relevant.

So, $178 for a yr old CCO?

AND, the other issue...
Called CSN, where it was from. The CSR called Combi and then got back to me and said, "since the seat only goes to 33 RF and 40 FF you'll only use it for a little over a year so it doesn't matter." I was all like WHAAAAAA? I told her that was crazy and why and got the number of the combi rep that supposedly told her that and I'm waiting for a call back from him. She also said her family said around her the hospitals require a brand new infant seat for each kid. I was like, um, NO. A non-expired seat in good condition, yes, but brand new for each kid? Not so much. Her name started with K but wasn't Kristin. I wish I could remember. I gave her horrible feedback and she knows it because I asked if there would be a survey afterward.

ADS

Lemonade

Talked to the combi guy. He said he did not say that...the CSR was asking what type of seat it was and he did say it was an infant seat so she took that to mean it would be only used for a year. She had no idea what she's talking about. He was nice and said he couldn't do anything about the date but is sending me a free seat cover! It's light tan (Hazelnut?) because they are out of the black I would have prefered but it will be acceptable to DH:) But I fear once DD sees the pink, she will not let it go without a fight.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I don't know how much CCOs usually are, but that would really bother me. I think within 6 months is okay, but a year?!

I'm glad Combi had good CS and is sending you Hazelnut. :love:

Mags462

Not cool! I would call again and tell them the CS rep LIED to you, and that you want a full refund and will not do business with them. That will get them hopping. :mad:

As for the CCO DOM i have bought/sold a CCO twice brand new (long story :D) and each time the DOM was around 8 or 9 mo old. A year is a little long, but it's really not a hot moving seat so i think the companies buy them and they sit for a while. Does that mean you should pay full price for a year old seat? Certainly not, but just be warned no matter where you get it from unless its direct from Combi i bet the DOM is a little dated. :eek:

Lemonade

The seat actually did ship directly from Combi. Combi guy said they have just a few in the warehouse at this point.

I don't think the CS rep at CSN purposely lied, I think she just had NO idea what she was talking about. I think she thought it was an infant bucket, which still doesn't make it OK, but I gave her feedback and that's that.

Given that they gave me a new extra cover, I'm fine with it now. I can use it or sell it and that will bring down the total cost of the seat to me.

msg221

It's been a while and I don't think I have seen on any since then, but I got a Carrot Cake Coccoro from Baby Earth for $83 when it was one of the GaGa Deals! My great niece (will be 2 in October) rides in it now. I shipped it off to Providence a while back! I did get to play with it back in May when she came to visit. Mom was traveling alone so I bought her the Combi Flash (from CSN, from the clearance center) to make it easier for her on that trip.

Kat_Momof3

I'd be ticked as heck at the CSR at CSN... I'd call, ask for a supervisor, and complain away.

But I think Combi did a great job and for the free cover set (better be the whole set), I'd probably grin and bear it.

mommyof3tx

I bought mine back in May from diapers.com and I got a DOM of 2/09...I was NOT happy but they said they couldn't promise a newer seat if I sent it back so I could try that, keep it or get refunded...well I really wanted the seat so I just kept it though I'm still annoyed it was so old. I paid $141 after my coupon but it was listed for $166

Kobain's Mommy

In March/April sometime I ordrdered one from Target.com. The DOM was October. I got it for $160. I didn't complain. It's got a 7 year life span and is about the same price as an infant seat with the discount, which are usually 6 year. It was bought for the baby but DS has been using it since we got it.

Lemonade

I had to call CSN today about a backordered item (not a carseat) and asked the rep about the poor service I received and she looked up the woman's name. It was Katelyn. This new rep gave me the supervisors e-mail and credited me back 15% of the purchase price. She was very nice. For a little less I can live with the age. Plus I did get the extra cover from Combi too. I'll write the supervisor a note, just because of the bad information the rep was giving out and to make sure she doesn't continue to do it again.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC