Look at this review....

RYLANSMOM

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002VUCBBI/ref=s9_bbs_gw_d0_ir03?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=0WZ7T2GME38DPVZB292B&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938811&pf_rd_i=507846"]Amazon.com: Evenflo Generations 65 Harness Booster Seat, Melbourne: Baby[/ame]

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful:
5.0 out of 5 stars Rare booster seat with LATCH system., February 15, 2011
By Stef - See all my reviewsThis review is from: Evenflo Generations 65 Harness Booster Seat, Melbourne (Baby Product)
Car seat is perfect. Comfortable, safe. Has both bottom latch system and the over-the-seat tether. Fits my 7-year-old great. One of few booster seats I could find that had the latch and tether system.

My son has used this seat before, not in booster mode but am confused by this persons review. What I read online (since I don't have the manual) states that seat belt usage only between 40-100 lbs. I have doubts that a. a 7 year old sits harnessed in this seat (wouldn't they outgrow by height for sure) and b. that a 7 year old weigh more than 40 lbs. If this person is truly using it as a booster they shouldn't be using latch correct???

ADS

Ladyl

Some combo seats(nauti, frontier) allow latch in booster mode. I'm guessing this onw deosnt though. I does sound like it is being used in booster mode. I'm going to see if I can find the manual online.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Generation 65 goes to 65 pounds harnessed. You can use it as a booster between 40-100 pounds. It's likely her seven year old's shoulders are above the top slots, but a lot of parents don't know about that restriction. You can LATCH it in as a booster.

Wendy

RYLANSMOM

I don't have the seat. My friend does and he rode in it in her car. He weighs just at 29 lbs and is 3. So I wasn't concerned about the LATCH issue but I read that and was confused....

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Evenflo allows LATCH for combo boosters.

You can ONLY use the seatbelt from 40-100 pounds. Meaning, you cannot use the seatbelt from 0-40 pounds. Make sense now? Doesn't mean you can't use the harness to the 65 pounds stated in the name of the seat (which is why its named that).

Wendy

RYLANSMOM

OOO LOL Well I knew it was harnessed to 65 but I was thinking Seatbelt only (meaning only install using seat belt not latch) from 40-100 lbs....now I am with ya...

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Confusing, huh? You can use LATCH to 48 pounds harnessed, then you can use it again at any approved weight over 40 pounds in booster mode.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC