which kid in which seat?

cocurlgurl

We own a Britax BLVD and a Britax Marathon. The Blvd is DS1's primary child restraint/seat.

It is time to move the baby up to a convertible child restraint. We are not planning to purchase a new seat at this time.

Should we leave DS1 in the BLVD and put DS2 in the Marathon? Or put DS2 in the BLVD and move DS1 to the Marathon?

Originally we wanted DS1 to have the added head protection from the BLVD, that was why we made it his primary restraint/seat. So using that logic, we should put the baby in the BLVD, BUT now that DS1 is FF and taller, the wings of the BLVD will offer him some head protection should there be an accident.

Thoughts?

Also - DS2 will be growing faster than DS1, so having the ease of continuous strap adustment with the BLVD might be nice.....

not sure what to do!

DS1 = 3y2mo, 32-33lb, ~40in
DS2 - 10.5 mo, 22-23lb, 30in

Last edited:
ADS

MissAllyLou

I would put baby in the BLVD for two reasons: the no re-thread harness and the infant positioning insert (if you need it).

What kind of car do you drive? Do you have a middle seat? If so, I would put older DS in the middle position in the marathon and younger DS outboard in the BLVD, both for safety reasons and convenience.

cocurlgurl

I would put baby in the BLVD for two reasons: the no re-thread harness and the infant positioning insert (if you need it).

What kind of car do you drive? Do you have a middle seat? If so, I would put older DS in the middle position in the marathon and younger DS outboard in the BLVD, both for safety reasons and convenience.

the Baby is almost 11 mo old - does that change your thinking?

WE have an odyssey - pretty sure I can not do a FF Marathon in the middle position with BLVD outboard.

NVMBR02

I'd put the baby in the MA and your older one in the BLVD. I like head wings for forward facers.

Sent from my Evo using Car-Seat.Org

SAHDADDY

I'd put the baby in the MA and your older one in the BLVD. I like head wings for forward facers.

Sent from my Evo using Car-Seat.Org

:yeahthatlove::yeahthatlove::yeahthatlove:

i think the headwings should be for the FFer, as RFing is so much safer the FFing

Kat_Momof3

I concur... also, the blvd has SLIGHTLY lower top slots... and while ds2 may be growing faster, your ds1 will still end up outgrowing the seats first.

HOWEVER... because of the whole ff issue with your ds1, I would ONLY put him in the Marathon IF he can go in the middle.

otherwise, I'd put him in the Boulevard for now... how much room for height does he have left?

Kat_Momof3

true, but he will outgrow it when his shoulders are over the top slots OR the tops of his ears go above the top of the seat's shell (or the headrest... check the manual for that one)

remember, for a forward facing child, straps must be AT or ABOVE the shoulders.

cocurlgurl

true, but he will outgrow it when his shoulders are over the top slots OR the tops of his ears go above the top of the seat's shell (or the headrest... check the manual for that one)

remember, for a forward facing child, straps must be AT or ABOVE the shoulders.

thankfully he has long legs, but I will check abotu the shell/wings height situation - and see how much mroe shoulder room I have before the straps max out.

thank you - we have decided to leave the older boy in teh BLVD and will put the baby in the marathon when it is time to switch him (soon).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC