NBB as carry ons?

Jan06twinmom

Has anyone had issues with carry nbb on planes as carry ons?

We brought our twins turboboosters on the plane for our trip to FL. On the first flight, we were able to carry the nbb on the plane. We put them under the seat and put the kids backpacks on top of the seat. It worked out perfectly.

On the second flight, we were told that we were not allowed to carry the nbb as carry ons and that they had to be checked at the gate.

We were flying with US Airways and I'm finding this statement on their website, "A safety seat is not allowed as carry-on baggage."

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if so, how have you dealt with it? I'm wondering about just putting the nbb in a bag on the way home so it's not obvious that I'm carrying a nbb as carry on luggage.

Melanie

ADS

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Oh geez, I read this as 'NB as a carryon' as in, newborn. I was a bit confused to see the response about putting it in a duffel :eek:

Posted by a robot and susceptible to unrelated and potentially inappropriate AutoCorrects.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I'd put it in a bag, too. Any backless should fit easily in a tote bag or backpack, and you can put snacks or whatever in with it, too. :)

LittlePeanut

I think the statement on the website is likely two fold; (a) you can't use a booster on board an aircraft because they have lapbelts only and (b) it takes up extra cabin storage space and they don't want to allow it in addition to your regular carry on items. If it were in a bag and counted as your carry on, it would be a non-issue, IMO.

I have carried my nbb on Southwest, Alaska, United and Delta in the last few months with no issues. We just use it as DD's second carry on and the flight attendants usually remind me that I can't use it on the plane. I think a backpack or tote would work but it probably won't be allowed as an extra carry on.

DahliaRW

I've never had an issue carrying on the bottom of ds's turbobooster. Usually they just remind me it can't be used on the plane and that's that.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC