Adjuster clip came of Radian. Help please.

mykidsmylife

The washers and bolts fell out and this is what is left! It must have happened while we were traveling as the other missing parts are not in the van.
The adjuster clip still keeps the harness tight, but it is loose and River can now get to it.
Sunshine kids won't do anything since it is a 2006 model. All I want are the bolts and washers and caps.

So um what so I do? Do I take a trip to Lowes or use duct tape or what?

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

Last edited:
ADS

canadiangie

I have no idea! Yikes. :eek:

I would not fixit myself, I know that much.

Bunch of schmucks down at SK for not helping you. Did you send them pics?

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
I honestly would have to just toss it. I know that sucks, but is it really worth the risk? If you must find a new radian, there are some going on swap at good prices right now and others new on some sites for cheap. I just could not use or recommend using a seat that is missing vital parts like screws out nuts and bolts. We do not ok using a seat with missing or damaged foam and that doesn't seem as serious as actual hardware...

Now brought to you by my Vortex and *ghasp* an app.... I joined the craze... Now please excuse the typos while I master this swype thing.

mykidsmylife

I sent them pics but our friend said he could not see what the issue was or what was wrong. I told her that I did not trust him and would appriciate if someone else would look at my pics. She said there is still nothing they could do b/c of the age.
Ugh, we don't have the money to get a new one right now. We are in the middle off a move and don't even really have a home yet. Lol.
Yeah the duct tape thing was a joke b/c I know how SK is.
I wasnt sure about the screws since the adjuster still holds the harness tight and this is the plate that holds the adjuster down. I can't see how it would hurt it but it is not a risk I am wanting to take.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Which kid is using this? Do you have a spare? If it's River, would a Scenera work?

I wouldn't use it either, you never know. :( And I'd definitely report to NHTSA if this happened during normal usage (like, not while checked on a plane.)

Stelvis

He seriously told you he couldn't see what was wrong? When will they stop letting that guy talk to customers?

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
Stelvis said:
He seriously told you he couldn't see what was wrong? When will they stop letting that guy talk to customers?

I cannot figure out what they can't see.

Now brought to you by my Vortex and *ghasp* an app.... I joined the craze... Now please excuse the typos while I master this swype thing.

mykidsmylife

This is River's and we have no back up. I will have to try her in the Scenera. I believe she has outgrown it rear-facing though but I need to try it.
Yeah this was not checked and came with us on the plane and was always in my possesion. It makes me angry that this happened and they will do nothing. Yeah I get it is old but what if someone has one for 2 yrs and this happens? They will just keep using it. Ugh.

mykidsmylife

I am going to get pictures with the cover pulled back and ask that a different supervisor take a look. I already emailed them informing them I am going to report it to NHSTA as I don't want this happening to someone who continues to use it while SK does nothing.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
If she can't do the Scenera, what about the Avenue? Taller shell... Or maybe someone on the board will have one you can borrow until this is resolved, or you save up for another seat. :( (If I were closer, I'd lend you one! But with the money it would cost to ship to you, you could buy a seat!)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Oh also- what would SK say if you cut your finger on that exposed part because they told you it was ok to keep using it? Just wondering... :whistle:

Stelvis

mykidsmylife said:
I am going to get pictures with the cover pulled back and ask that a different supervisor take a look. I already emailed them informing them I am going to report it to NHSTA as I don't want this happening to someone who continues to use it while SK does nothing.

There is no other supervisor, unless they've recently changed things. There's Susan, the customer service supervisor, then her boss is Russ, then after that you've got President Brad "we consider this matter closed" Keller. That's it, and unfortunately I doubt their story is going to vary from one person to another. If it's out of warranty, too bad, so sad.

If this had happened with Graco or Britax, I'm sure the response you'd have gotten would be much better. *Especially* since you're a tech! For $200 bucks they could keep you happy and recommending their seats...instead you're telling everyone about your bad customer service experience. Just not real smart business sense on their part.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Regardless of the year, they should do SOMETHING. That is not something that could have been prevented and not an easy fix. Ugh SK.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC