Any other helpful tips?

djma

I have been in the sweltering heat and humidity struggling to get (what I thought would be an easy) 3 across.

We got a 2003 Chevy Impala. Read on here that they are good for 3 across. Well, I must not be doing something right.

Here are the seats I have available.....

Maestro
Nauti
Monterey
ProRide
EFTA
Backless turbo

NONE of those worked, none. I need 1 to be rf, 1 booster, and 1 ff.

I had to get an XT and a harmony NBB and it's still tough for DS1 to buckle.

Any tips????????

Right now - what works for the most part is

DS2 behind passenger in the XT
DS1 center on the harmony
DD RF in the proride

Anyone have this vehicle with a 3 across??? DH will shoot me if I say I need another seat.

ADS

luckyclov

I thought it was kinda chilly today. ;)

Any chance you can get your NBB outboard? That way, he can scoot it out and buckle, then move in, position & tighten. It's a PITA, but it may be a little more manageable. I realize you may have him center because you consider him the "least protected", but it may be worth a shot.:)

ETA: Actually, *any* booster outboard will be easier then a booster center because you can still do the same scoot out/buckle/scoot in thing.

djma

the maestro should work easily... I'd try the Maestro ff, the radian rf, and the Monterey ff, with the radian in the middle.

here is what I got when I searched the successful three across thread for impalas - http://www.car-seat.org/search.php?searchid=3587494

I need at least 1 RF and DS1 doesn't fit in anything but a booster. And the monterey ain't going in any combo I've tried. I took off the back, but it's still a wide booster.

I thought it was kinda chilly today. ;)

Any chance you can get your NBB outboard? That way, he can scoot it out and buckle, then move in, position & tighten. It's a PITA, but it may be a little more manageable. I realize you may have him center because you consider him the "least protected", but it may be worth a shot.:)

ETA: Actually, *any* booster outboard will be easier then a booster center because you can still do the same scoot out/buckle/scoot in thing.

Chilly, right! LOL With the air full blast maybe! :p I will try the slide out and then in thing. My only concern in come school time, DS2 will need to get out first, so I was thinking it would be easier to have him outboard, then his seat will be empty for DS1 to climb over to get out.

momtoo3

Try RF Radian , Maestro/ GN and a booster in any order but I am thinking the Radain in the middle with the other harnessed seat on whatever side the radian buckles on so your booster rider doesn't accidently undo the seatbelt on the Radian. We have a 2010 Malibu which is a little smaller and was able to put a Radian center with a Big Kid backless on one side and a PWSG on the other side.

NannyMom

Is 2003 same as the 2008? I had a Nautilus, Parkway, RF Scenera (with latch, so there was even extra room).

Maestro. RF Radian. Booster. That'd be my guess.

djma

Is 2003 same as the 2008? I had a Nautilus, Parkway, RF Scenera (with latch, so there was even extra room).

Maestro. RF Radian. Booster. That'd be my guess.

No, I think they changed the body style in 06 maybe? Not sure.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC