Under the wrong impression?

djma

I was under the impression that the radian gave more harness height than a nauti? I haven't owned a radian in a while so I typically do not read threads about a radian.

Well we now have a sedan and I had to buy an XT to get 3 across and DS2 actually lost a ton of room. He is barely on the top slots of the nauti (meaning, I just moved them up; there are days he could be on the next to last) and he is on the top slots of the XT with not a lot of room to grow.

Totally bummed.

ADS

christineka

It depends on whether you use the radian to the max as allowed by sk or whether you discontinue use once the shoulders are above the top harness position. SK allows the shoulders to go over the top harness position as long as the ears are below the shell and the child is 53 inches or shorter. The radian top slot is around 17 inches, the nautilus' is 18.25-.5.

tiggercat

Megan still fits in the Nauti but is a bit over the ths of the radian. She's under the numerical height limit, so it's technically not outgrown, but I am not comfortable going over the ths.

djma

It depends on whether you use the radian to the max as allowed by sk or whether you discontinue use once the shoulders are above the top harness position. SK allows the shoulders to go over the top harness position as long as the ears are below the shell and the child is 53 inches or shorter. The radian top slot is around 17 inches, the nautilus' is 18.25-.5.

To avoid an unhappy DH - I will be using until the max SK allows. :p I cannot get any other seating situation to work.

NannyMom

It also depends how upright the Radian is installed. Sometimes it can give more room. But I know Sofi has more room in the Nautilus (A and J always seemed to have more room in the radian)

4boysmom

I want to say you can't really go over the strap height with the xt because it interfers with the wings but I could be wrong.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC