Dora seat...

ADS

Heather86

Um....I...wow...that's um Dora....I'm on the fence about these they really creep me out. I do however think they might convince the average joe to harness until a mature booster age or just past 3 for that matter...maybe.....

Jessica61624

Heather86 said:
Um....I...wow...that's um Dora....I'm on the fence about these they really creep me out. I do however think they might convince the average joe to harness until a mature booster age or just past 3 for that matter...maybe.....

While I agree they are creepy I think you're right. But in also afraid of kids getting them to ff to early. But what can we do?

Baylor

I will look at my Walmart for this one.. It is odd to me. I am all for kids being harnessed longer. Has anyone tried this as a booster to check fit? It is the same seat as the Sponge bob and Dale jr.. just a new character.

Maybe they should try Jack Sparrow! Can you imagine looking at that in the car?

nevaehsmommy

Nevaeh saw it and stated it looks like she is standing in her seat. She should be sitting and her boobie clip is not on her boobies

hrice

Those seats are creepy. I couldn't deal with Dora staring at me in the back seat. That "Dut Duh Dut Dut D Dorah" song would get in my head and things could get ugly.

luckyclov

I just...don't...like...those seats. They're super creepy. And remind me of something that would be shoddily (is that a word?) installed in an old, rusted-out white work van that circles neighborhoods and parks.

Kat_Momof3

it looks like she's got super short legs and is standing... they should have lengthened her somehow to make it like she was sitting.

Yes, it is kind of creepy (as all of their seats are to me), but I'll tell you, the age that these seats are for during the harnessed years will WANT them... and if that keeps some kids harnessed longer than age 3-4, then that's all I can ask.

bnsnyde

My 5-year-old noticed this! So does anyone know?

What kind of carseat does Cailou use? He is 4. It's a backless booster with a shield.
And his sister is 1 or 2 and uses (in today's episode) a FF carseat with a shield that is secured over her with the shoulder part of the belt. No harness.

So are these fancy Kiddy World Plus seats? Or outdated shield seats? Or something totally made-up?

andre149

Maybe they should try Jack Sparrow! Can you imagine looking at that in the car?

If they put Johnny Depp on a car seat I will buy it just to be able to look at it ;)

Seriously though, Dora... kind of creepy. At the same time, I agree with others that maybe it will encourage longer harnessing for those people that might otherwise not do so.

mimieliza

Is any one else's kid totally over Dora by age 4? This past school year (age 4), DD and her friends started to regard Dora as "for babies." DD has Dora glasses and got teased and didn't want to wear them anymore.

But 2-3 year olds looooove Dora. Anyway, this seat would make my kid MORE likely to go into a booster too early.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC