GREAT Combi CS this morning!!

Kiss Me Deadly

In my quest to clean covers on all car seats, I noticed the foam was cracked on one of my CCOs. This on top of a Recaro getting a chunk of foam bitten out of it did not make me a happy camper.

I called Combi CS, and they asked me to email pics. I did, and they contacted me back extremely quickly, and are sending me a brand new one! Considering I got this one in a swap with JOII and didn't pay full price to begin with, I think that's awesome!

:thumbsup: to Combi!

ADS

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Wow. I called because my LATCH hook is bent and they pretty much just said 'sucks you paid $200 for a seat you can't use, not our problem' and that was that.

Posted by a robot and susceptible to unrelated and potentially inappropriate AutoCorrects.

crunchierthanthou

They replaced my first CCO for cracked foam, too. It was the little piece by her hips, not the big part at the top (though that kept coming unstuck). They didn't stock that piece as a replacement part, so they sent me a new seat. That was two years ago and shortly after it first came out, though. I thought they would have worked that out by now. :p

Another plus is that they let me keep my old cover, and choose a different color for the new one. :thumbsup:

Kiss Me Deadly

That's exactly where the foam was cracked in mine. The rep also said it's still safe to use in the meantime, and to put some double sided sticky tape on it to hold it in place... The only drawback is that they are on backorder, so it won't come until mid August, but I got to pick the color and keep my old cover. I asked for Key Lime, cause I think it will look ADORABLE next to the Strawberry Shake!

Kiss Me Deadly

So, according to Combi on Friday, my new seats should be on their way within 7 days, but they only have Chestnut, which makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit. I know I'll still be able to keep my covers, but I was really looking forward to some pretty, new, colorful seats...

Am I nuts for being upset?

Dillipop

I don't think you're nuts. But I'd take the seat, put your old cover on it, and try and swap the chestnut for a different color on swap. Or sell it and use the funds to get another color through swap or combi

msg221

Wish they had been that helpful for me. I got some pretty crappy CS from them when I called about a stroller I once had that they made. I just wanted some replacement clips for the harness straps and they were going to send them to me, but wanted me to pay the shipping. These are tiny little clips that probably cost less than $1 to ship and they wanted to charge me $6+ to ship them! I said forget it. The clips weren't actually broken or missing, they just kept coming undone to easily. I ended up selling that stroller on CL and am happily rid of it now.

hrice

Anyone have their number handy? I need to call them to see about getting a positioning block.

creideamh

I called them a few days ago to get a RF tether for the CCO. When someone picked up, I was so shocked to hear a real person the first time that I didn't say anything for a few seconds :p

BritMum-in-US

I am also getting a replacement CCO, they finally got back to me a whole week after I sent them pictures of the cracked and broken foam in mine. I payed an $18 shipping charge.

They said they would give me instructions on what to do with the old seat, did anyone get them? I haven't yet.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC