Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

New Chicco Keyfit30 out in my Babies r us!!

Okay I had no idea it was the new one tell I posted it on another board and Kayskidz told me it was the new Keyfit30 but our local Babies r us has the Extreme color Keyfit in and they are selling it as part of a travel system with the Cortina!!

http://www.chiccousa.com/product_image.php?imageid=1067

It's an red/orange color with grey/light grey. Very much a "get noticed" color!!!
    Steph
    Mom to R (5-steps),
    E and A (riding in Nuna Pipas)

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: New Chicco Keyfit30 out in my Babies r us!!

Quote Originally Posted by saa2006 View Post
    Okay I had no idea it was the new one tell I posted it on another board and Kayskidz told me it was the new Keyfit30 but our local Babies r us has the Extreme color Keyfit in and they are selling it as part of a travel system with the Cortina!!

http://www.chiccousa.com/product_image.php?imageid=1067

It's an red/orange color with grey/light grey. Very much a "get noticed" color!!!
    If you get a chance can you measure the back height of the shell compared to the back height of the shell on the SS1?

I'm wondering if the SS1 is taller or the Keyfit30 in terms of outgrowing the seat by height.
    Jen, Former CDN CRS Tech
    DS1 /02, Seatbelt in the driver's seat now!
    DS2 /05, Seatbelt

DS3 /12, Britax Frontier/Parkway SG
    DD1 /15, Rfing Peg PVC

CPS Advocate

cool! so it looked just like the old one but is the new one? so they indeed didnt change the shell??
    “Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes...
    That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away AND you have their shoes.”

You know I didn't play with it because I didn't know it was the new Keyfit30. I don't go there very much but if I do I will definately take my camera and tape measure!!!.
    Steph
    Mom to R (5-steps),
    E and A (riding in Nuna Pipas)

Ohhhhh, that means it will be at my store soon! It must be separate from the stroller because we already have the Cortina in the Extreme pattern. I can't imagine they would sell a stroller separate and then bring in a travel system in the same color. But then again, I've seen weirder things! I am soo excited to see it! The colors are really cool, not the usual.
    Jacky, CPST and mom to Kenzie(5) and Maverick(3) Riding in a Frontier, Marathon 70 and Radian, Safety 1st Store N Go and Evenflo Right Fit

CPS Fanatic

I can't wait to hear what the shell height is like in comparison to the old seat.

CPS Technician

Was the new play yard that goes with the new Keyfit30 in stock too? We're having a devil of a time finding the play yards in stock.
    Ian James - 3.5 Years
    FF Learning Curve Truefit and FF Britax RA