Question Can i fit a rf my ride between two ff radians in a civic

farrbabies

Hi
The my rides look really nice and they are on sale at toyrus.ca. I was having trouble with lack of driver and passenger room in my 2005 Honda civic. It is RF in the middle with seatbelt. Do you think a my ride would fit? The base looks narrow enough. Any one have base measurements? My toysrus had none in stock to try. Im only interested on using it to RF more upright and will go back to my radian when FF. But I will need a different car then because I can't fit 3 radians FF in the civic. Thanks

ADS

bnsnyde

I have a 2005 Civic.
We have two FF Prosport Harness seats. No real space in middle.

I don't have the seats handy to try.
Can anyone get 3 of anything is a 2005 Civic?
In any FF or RF option?

We can only fit 2 kids in that car but I'd love to know if 3 works.
3 FF Radians don't even fit? No future for us in that car, lol.

Pixels

I haven't tried it, but I doubt it. The base would fit, but you have to get the front edge by the cupholders in between, too.

Three Radians facing the same direction will not fit. Three Radians fit but only if they are alternating directions: FF RF FF or RF FF RF. My center RF Radian over reclined after about a year with a 20-25 pound child because the vehicle seat cushions compressed. The BabyTrend infant seat fits next to a FFing Radian, so you can do combinations with that.

A Coccoro might work in some combination with Radians or more Coccoros, but I haven't tried it. A lot of our usual puzzling go-tos don't work in this vehicle. It's just sooo narrow.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Pixels, does the RN overrecline outboard? If not -- you could maybe try FF Radian center, RF Radian outboard, and FF MyRide on the other side. Radians and MyRides puzzle great the same direction. Or, if one of the FFers could possibly RF, you could try FF Radian outboard, RF MyRide center, RF Radian outboard. Or RF Radian center, until it overreclines.

If you could give us the ages/sizes of the kids we might be able to help you better. :)

Pixels

The Radian did not over recline outboard, in part because I have it braced there. No possibility of it over reclining.

Reactions: Kia

farrbabies

Hi,
I finally figured out how to add photos.

Okay, my three kids are as follows:

dd1 age 5.5 42 pounds ff in radian drivers outboard in civic
dd2 age 3 years 35 pounds ff in radian passenger outboard in civic
ds age 22 months 20 pounds rf in radian middle in civic

all were installed by techs at a carseat clinic by seatbelts

our other vehicle is good now (2005 sienna and oldest is ff and two youngest rf)

the recline on the radian is so low but its because its installed by a seatbelt. Latch is unavailable because I need 3 across and the car only has 4 anchors. We cannot share them.

so should I try the my ride 65 rf in the middle? I just don't know if it will fit. Sale ends tomorrow I think. New sales start fridays now.

My radian rotates back easily and its in tight. probably the actually vehicle seat isn't firm enough?

thanks.

Last edited:

christineka

Did you twist the buckle stalk for the middle radian? That's really reclined! I haven't had mine rfing in the middle for longer than a few hours, so I don't know if I can do better.

krissybear25

Pixels said:
I haven't tried it, but I doubt it. The base would fit, but you have to get the front edge by the cupholders in between, too.

U can pop the cup holders out. I dunno how well the cover would stay on tho. So that may or may not work

my ride puzzles great with radians if they are all the same direction, OR you have a my ride out board, rear facing and then a radian center rear facing.. but the radian next to the my ride has to be rear facing too.. or visa versa, both ffing.. I use our my ride to three across our passat a lot, and same deal.. but Now that Fiona is too big to rear face at all (less than an inch in the radian) we can't do it anymore.

Pixels

my ride puzzles great with radians if they are all the same direction, OR you have a my ride out board, rear facing and then a radian center rear facing.. but the radian next to the my ride has to be rear facing too.. or visa versa, both ffing.. I use our my ride to three across our passat a lot, and same deal.. but Now that Fiona is too big to rear face at all (less than an inch in the radian) we can't do it anymore.

Have you done this in a 2001-2005 Civic? That car really is ... special, and a lot of things that usually work, don't in this car. I know that Marathon/Radian puzzled doesn't actually work. I know I've placed the MR next to the Radian (both RF, RN center) in my car and I didn't like it, but I don't know if it was just a personal preference. I think I didn't actually install, which is why I haven't said outright that it doesn't work.

Have you done this in a 2001-2005 Civic? That car really is ... special, and a lot of things that usually work, don't in this car. I know that Marathon/Radian puzzled doesn't actually work. I know I've placed the MR next to the Radian (both RF, RN center) in my car and I didn't like it, but I don't know if it was just a personal preference. I think I didn't actually install, which is why I haven't said outright that it doesn't work.

no never tried it in a civic, just my pain in the butt passat.. It could work.. it actually ALMOST works in my passat :)

sunnymw

How much different is the 01-05 from the 07? I know radians install REALLY upright outboard with some effort, so you could do two rf with the ff radian in the center... ?

Typed with fat fingers on a tiny touchscreen keyboard, please excuse typos and autocorrects...

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
krissybear25 said:
U can pop the cup holders out. I dunno how well the cover would stay on tho. So that may or may not work

I'm almost positive the bottom (underneath) of the MR cup holders say do not remove.

Pixels

How much different is the 01-05 from the 07? I know radians install REALLY upright outboard with some effort, so you could do two rf with the ff radian in the center... ?

Typed with fat fingers on a tiny touchscreen keyboard, please excuse typos and autocorrects...

Completely different car. They redesigned for 2006. I have a Radian outboard in my 2005, but it's certainly not what I would call really upright.

turtlemama

I wish I could remember the vehicle I helped a lady with that had this situation. The Myride would not work center RF with 2 FF Radians and we could not get a FF Radian to work in the center either. I could get the seats tight, but not independently tight. We tried for over an hour.

farrbabies

If I only have radians as a choice do any of you think the way it is reclined is okay? I was told I couldn't brace but I'm only 5 foot 2 and I can't sit too comfortably driving. My husband doesn't fit at all in the passenger seat. Refer to my pics I posted. Thanks.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC