More Radians up on CSN

tracee877

So if you receive the wrong item, what does CSN generally do about it? I ordered a clearance Mac Volo and they sent me the wrong one.:mad: And I need to use it on Tuesday. It really would not matter to me to just keep the one I got but it is ugly and I really wanted the one I ordered.

ADS

msg221

The first time I ordered a RN XTSL for another member and they sent an 80SL instead, they refunded the money and let her keep the seat.

The second time it happened for an XTSL that I ordered, the first CSR said they would refund my money and for me to hold onto the seat for 3 weeks to see if they wanted me to send it back. When no refund appeared, I called again and then they refunded my money and e-mailed me UPS shipping labels to ship it back. At least they refunded my money before they received the shipped seat back.

Call them and see what they say. If they do have the one you ordered, I would see if they could send it next day air.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
My 80SL in Sport came today. DOM 11/10. I can't see any evidence that the box has ever been opened. I almost didn't want to open it because it was still sealed!! No Strollers.com tape or anything!

But I opened it anyway, and it does not appear to have ever been out of the box. I slid it out of the box but didn't take it out of the plastic bag. Trying to decide what to do with it now. I sold the last excess 80SL I had on CL for $150. But I have a friend who's expecting and I might hold on to it for her baby. Then again, if I sell it I could use the money toward a nice infant seat for her. Or just have the money back to buy the next one that pops up! Oh, decisions decisions! Should I post it on CL? Should I post it on the swap board here? Maybe I'll post a price check. Or should I just plan to hold on to it? My friend will never be able to afford a seat this nice, although she does have a Scenera she can pass down which I bought her about a year ago. But it's girly -- what if she has a boy? And what will they do for their other car? I can just loan her my infant seat for a while... Maybe I should have her come over and "try on" one of my Radians in each of her cars to see how they fit and how she likes them.

I'm driving myself nuts now. :(

mainlobster101

My 80SL in Sport came today. DOM 11/10. I can't see any evidence that the box has ever been opened. I almost didn't want to open it because it was still sealed!! No Strollers.com tape or anything!

But I opened it anyway, and it does not appear to have ever been out of the box. I slid it out of the box but didn't take it out of the plastic bag. Trying to decide what to do with it now. I sold the last excess 80SL I had on CL for $150. But I have a friend who's expecting and I might hold on to it for her baby. Then again, if I sell it I could use the money toward a nice infant seat for her. Or just have the money back to buy the next one that pops up! Oh, decisions decisions! Should I post it on CL? Should I post it on the swap board here? Maybe I'll post a price check. Or should I just plan to hold on to it? My friend will never be able to afford a seat this nice, although she does have a Scenera she can pass down which I bought her about a year ago. But it's girly -- what if she has a boy? And what will they do for their other car? I can just loan her my infant seat for a while... Maybe I should have her come over and "try on" one of my Radians in each of her cars to see how they fit and how she likes them.

I'm driving myself nuts now. :(

Does your friend have an infant seat she can use? If so, I'd keep the Radian for her. It sounds like you really want her to have a nice seat. If she DOESN'T have an infant seat to use then I'd sell it to buy one for her. I just got an 80SL and I don't think my daughter would have been big enough to fit in it when she was born... and she was a big baby.

Oops... just read again and saw that you can loan her your infant seat. I'd do that and then give her the Radian also.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Does your friend have an infant seat she can use? If so, I'd keep the Radian for her. It sounds like you really want her to have a nice seat. If she DOESN'T have an infant seat to use then I'd sell it to buy one for her. I just got an 80SL and I don't think my daughter would have been big enough to fit in it when she was born... and she was a big baby.

Oops... just read again and saw that you can loan her your infant seat. I'd do that and then give her the Radian also.

That's kind of how I'm leaning. I'm going to have them try a Radian in their car and see how they like it. Ideally, they can use the Radian in one car and the Scenera in the other once they're done using the infant seat. I have an OB35A with two bases (and a compatible frame-stroller) they can use for the newborn period. Her other kids have ranged in size at birth from about 6 lbs to about 8 lbs so there's a decent chance of having a little baby who could really benefit from an infant bucket.

PS: If they decide they want the seat, they can use it right away. They have two other kids who will fit in the seat right now. They only have seats for one car (a maestro and a scenera); the other car has a single hand-me-down seat that (a) expires at the end of this year (b) has been in a minor accident (c) is used and has an unknown history, and (d) is a Cosco HBB with a 40 lb harness limit -- and the older of the two car-seat-age kids is too heavy for the harness but the booster doesn't position the belt over her well. The older one is ready for a booster but it's a tight squeeze in their car(s) and might benefit from riding in a Radian for a while. They could maybe put the Radian in the primary car and put the Maestro or the Scenera in the 2nd car.

The more I think about it, the more I want to give the seat to them.

BananaBoat

Just wanted to update that the Petal XTSL that I ordered (with a few smaller items) at the end of July finally showed up today with a 6/2011 DOM. Brand new! :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC