cleaning radian xtsl cover

MommaMia

Does the cover come off on a Radian xtsl? If so how? And how do I clean - just put in washing machine? My daughter's diaper exploded...

ADS

firemomof3

Yes the cover comes off. I have always washed my Radian covers in my front loading washing machine on the gentle cycle, cold water. And then dry in the sun :)

jnamommy

The first time taking the cover off is the hardest - unsnap all the snaps, you may have pop off a couple of buttons near the bottom. Wash in the machine, and air dry.

christineka

On the outside, bottom are two pins. you can get some tweezers to pull them out, or use two butter knives. I recently had an easy time getting them out by using scissors to pop them off. (I didn't use them for cutting anything.) The manufacturer's directions say to hand wash the cover, so that's what I've always done.

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
there are 2 plastic "pins" at the hip area on the outside of the seat. take the safestop from the back of the seat (should be hanging from the top) and use it to pull the pins out. It saves your fingers and doesn't ruin the pins like pliers or a knife would ;)

jnamommy

And if you accidentally ruin the pics, don't worry - we nevery even bothered to put our back in. The regular snaps and the shape of the cover hold it on just fine.

It really does sound harder than it is. After you do it once, it will be easy.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
It says on the cover to hand wash and air dry.

I started washing my cover by hand and couldn't get all of the soap out so I put it in a rinse and spin and hung it to dry. It came out perfectly with no snags.

bnsnyde

Really? I am afraid to wash the Malibu in the washer.
Anyone done this? OK?
It's in Nana's car and I would love to wash it.

Holly

I've always washed all my covers in the washer, including my radian covers. They always come out perfect. I hang them dry.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC