Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    CPS Technician

WWYD for road trip???

Ok we haven't gotten the replacement radain65 yet our straps are warn down and starting to fray on ours... so currently abby is in her turbo booster. I don't like it i just don't not in the intrepid with cinching seat belts. i don't mind her in it in the land rover b/c i can lock the seat belts on here and she doens't move at all. Anyways we are going to be going up to chicago this weekend for her birthday to the zoo, aquarium ect. staying all night and stuff. we are taking the intrepid what combo of seats should i use??? I don't know but i don't think the uptown, FPSVD, and parkway will fit 3 across but i could try??? right now i have allie in the FPSVD rfing in the middle, abby driver side turbo, austin pass side parkway...
    Or would you use the radian with posssiblely fraying harness??? I'm so torn on this... WHY dont' i just have a seat for her yet!!! Arrrrrggg!
    Becky CPS Tech, driver of '05 Quest, and Mama to
    DS 8y 6m (51.5" 61# torso 20") Backless Turbo and parkway
    DD 6y 4m (47" 42.5# torso 16") Parkway and Radian F/F
    DD 4y 1m (42" 35# torso 15") Marathon F/F

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician

Re: WWYD for road trip???

bump up before i go move seats around... ???

Senior Community Member

Is this the seat with the fraying harness adjuster? it's pretty bad right?

Definitely try the FPSVD, Uptown and Parkway & let us know how it goes.
    "If you don't know how to fix it, please stop breaking it." Severn Suzuki, age 12

CPS Technician

my harness is fraying it's not pilling i can actully pull small threads out if i try to (only tried once)... I'll give that combo a go but i'm thinking it might not work since the uptown really doesn't sit up on a base..

CPS Technician

well that sucked, my fingers hurt! LOL
    I was able to finally get the uptwon driver side seat belt installed w/ 3 twists in stalk (did i mention i HATE HATE seat belt instals in an intrepid) but with LATCH it was to far center set, i got the FPSVD center w/ latch ffing b/c rfing it was leaning against the uptown funny and allie seems to do better ffing on LONG rides. she'll be ok! and the parkway passanger side with lots of room to buckle up himself.
    It's a good thing abby is down to 38#s again (summer time LOL) so she can still ride in the that b/c i think allie wouldn't have let her ride in "her" new seat. hopefully allie will sleep ok in the FPSVD since it does sit more upright then the scenera or uptown did.

Senior Community Member

Glad you got it!!!
    "If you don't know how to fix it, please stop breaking it." Severn Suzuki, age 12