Target toy clearance summer 2011

Holly

Have your stores been getting ready for the big toy clearance of the summer yet? If it goes on the same schedule it has before, it's supposed to be this Thursday, right? My two stores had 30% off signs up last time I checked last friday and saturday but a lot was marked at 50% already. I hope it does hit 75% this week, dh is off from school until monday and I'm watching my cousin's kids m-th from now til school starts. This week I can leave them with dh to go shopping but next week I can't go.

ADS

NannyMom

I thought it was the last Thurs in July?? That would be next week. I was there today and they had alot of 50% off and some 30% off too. Is it just the toys? Carseats are still at 15%.

mama2girls

I think it's been the 4th Thursday historically, but the toys have been marked down for so long at my store I can't imagine that they'll go another week.

Holly

I remember the one in January this year and I almost missed it. I wasn't expecting it for another week but I went to Target on Thursday at opening anyway and it was on, there were tons of ladies running around like grabbing stuff. If I hadn't gone because I was expecting it the next week, I would have missed it. If it is next week, I don't see how I'll be able to go, at least not until the afternoon when my cousin's kids are picked up.
I'm going to go to both local stores tomorrow night and see if it looks like they are about to go to 75% and I'll scope out what I want to buy and decide which store will be the best to go to first. I really hope it's this week!

Holly

I don't think it will be tomortow after looking at two stores today. I took pics of everything I want so I can hopefully have dh check next week.

Holly

Well, it's not this week. Dh can't check next week because he'll be teaching his class when they open. I won't be able to go until my cousin's kids are picked up around 1:00 but by then all the good a stuff will be gone. Sigh.

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Most stuff is still 30% off at my Target, and they no longer have a clearance "aisle". They just leave it where it is and add a sticker & tag. I saw one Lego Atlantis kit that was 50% off, but all the other Lego stuff was only 30%.

Holly

I'm going to miss it. :( I'm so sad! I can't go until my cousin's kids are picked up around 1 pm. By then the best stuff will be long gone.

StillThankful

Anyone get any good deals? I went this morning at 8 a.m. and the toys were still between 30 and 50% off.

The "clearance" lady told me that they'll be clearancing alot of items today but can't say what and when. My Target doesn't have an overnight clearance team, so it's only like three people that clearance the entire store and they have to manually do it!

I might try to check back tomorrow.

This poor lady dragged her two tiny toddlers with her first thing in the morning. We both had such a pathetic look on our faces. She had also heard of this huge toy clearance happening today and was so dissappointed.:thumbsdown:

NannyMom

The employee was still in the isle marking things down when I was there. I was looking at an item that was still 50% and she said she hadn't gotten to that yet. But she offered to check it and a few other items for me. She checked it and marked it down :thumbsup: I just looked at my receipt and they charged me too much for a couple items, so I'll be going back for price correction.

Ducky5306

Anyone get any good deals? I went this morning at 8 a.m. and the toys were still between 30 and 50% off.

The "clearance" lady told me that they'll be clearancing alot of items today but can't say what and when. My Target doesn't have an overnight clearance team, so it's only like three people that clearance the entire store and they have to manually do it!

I might try to check back tomorrow.

This poor lady dragged her two tiny toddlers with her first thing in the morning. We both had such a pathetic look on our faces. She had also heard of this huge toy clearance happening today and was so dissappointed.:thumbsdown:

Mine sucked too.. Not only was very little really 75% (other then afew here and there) but there really wasn't anything good on clearance anyway :thumbsdown: Just small cheap action figures (Tron) and a few hot wheels. Nothing that I would have picked up even for cheap.. I got 2 toy story toys and one agent oso toy that were 75% off (just small toys all between $1-3)

I was pretty disappointed!

Two weeks ago I was there on a Sunday morning and all the summer stuff was 90% off and not marked clearance at all! I got plastic cup/glasses for $.30 each and beach towels for $1.49! Two beach chairs at $1.49 each and a plastic table cloth for a dollar..

Holly

I can't go until at least 1 pm because I've got my cousin's kids here and not enough room in my car to take them with me. I went to Target yesterday to see what kind of stuff they had and there were only a few things I wanted, mainly the Little Tikes grill and also the lawnmower. The store I went to only had one grill left so I just knew it would be gone by the time I get a chance to go.

Dh's school is right next to Target (not the same one I went to yesterday though) and he said he wouldn't have time to check, but then I found out he doesn't have to be in there teaching until 8:30, Target opens at 8. He ended up going there right at opening and he just called me to ask how much the grill is supposed to be if it's really 75% off, so I told him. He said "Yeah, ok, it's 75% off, I'm getting it." He asked if there was anything else I wanted so I told him to look out for this one cool puzzle I saw, jizago or something like that and then to just grab anything that HE thought would be good, if anything stood out to him.

I LOVE him so much! I'm sooooo happy he went in for me, I was soooooo sad that I couldn't go. The main thing I wanted was the grill, so I'm beyond excited that we got that! We got it for $10!

ETA, he just called, he definitely got the grill and the puzzle I wanted and also a few games. I'm going to go to the other store as soon as my cousin's kids are picked up. I don't expect to find anything good though, but I just have to check.

Mommy0608

Cool, Holly. Glad you got the grill! I haven't seen that, I'll have to look for it. DS's birthday is next week. :thumbsup:

My DH went on his lunch hour this afternoon and got two Circo train track accessory packs for $3-something each. I had been eyeing that for a while. He said there were two there, so he got both.

I'm going tonight after the kids go to bed to the one closer to our house to see what they have.

crunchierthanthou

they were just getting started when I got there. The girl was really nice and just scanned everything I was interested in.

I got a bunch of Lego at 50% off, and a few at 75% (prince of persia and kingdoms sets, a few little racer things, and the Lego based board games were the 75%). My neighbor is here temporarily from Australia- where apparently Lego is twice the price of here. She was out of town today, so I bought up all I could find, and I'll just return what she doesn't want.

I got some flick tricks and tech deck sets for my nephew who is all into them. I also picked up some play food (M&D knock-off), puzzles, a board game, and I'm sure more that I didn't need because I can't even remember it. :eek:

oh, and shoes. It was shoe markdown day, too. :p

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
I got a TON of stuff! Toys for all 4 of my kids for Christmas. My dd & ds birthdays, plus all 5 niece/nephews Christmas gifts. I spent only $106. I Feel like I made out great!
FurReal Frenzies big set $7.xx
Chuck big dump truck $10.xx
Handy Manny play set $4.xx
Bakugan sets $4.xx
Baby Alive tooth doll $4.xx
Tech Deck boards .98 (I bought all of these)
Barbie art set/huge coloring books $2.5x
ZhuZhu pets accessories $1.58
Mighty Beans set $1.xx
Mighty Beans Lightsaber $2.xx
Olivia playset $2.xx

My Mom got a whole cart full of stuff too, a gift for each grandkid for Christmas (8 of them) for $50. It was fun!

lovemybabybug

I got a TON of stuff! Toys for all 4 of my kids for Christmas. My dd & ds birthdays, plus all 5 niece/nephews Christmas gifts. I spent only $106. I Feel like I made out great!
FurReal Frenzies big set $7.xx
Chuck big dump truck $10.xx
Handy Manny play set $4.xx
Bakugan sets $4.xx
Baby Alive tooth doll $4.xx
Tech Deck boards .98 (I bought all of these)
Barbie art set/huge coloring books $2.5x
ZhuZhu pets accessories $1.58
Mighty Beans set $1.xx
Mighty Beans Lightsaber $2.xx
Olivia playset $2.xx

My Mom got a whole cart full of stuff too, a gift for each grandkid for Christmas (8 of them) for $50. It was fun!

Guess I will be going to target tonight! I want the Baby alive! I got a Moxie teen doll for $6 ( originally 40)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC