Recaro Vivo

Baylor

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Recaro-Booster-Midnight-Desert-Micofiber/dp/B000UCHS62?tag=carseatorgstore-20&tag=carseatorgstore-20"]Amazon.com: Recaro Vivo High Back Booster Car Seat, Midnight Desert Micofiber: Baby[/ame]

I came across one of these on sale today... I don't know anything about this seat and was curious to the pros and cons? My DS liked it.. said it was comfortable but I was not sure what the head wings are made of?

Thanks

ETA added pic of son in PB post 28

Last edited:
ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I LOVE my Vivo. It is a great seat for skinny minnies. :) The only thing I dont' like about it is that it doesn't offer substantial leg support for bigger kids.

Baylor

I found one for 65.00.. I am thinking of trying it out. It will certainly give the head protection I am looking for.. Only thing is that it is a floor model. The last they have.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Floor models are not recommended because nobody knows how they are treated by other customers and whatnot.

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
Did you find it at Big Lots? They are seriously OLD DOM's. Like 2007 old! Not a great deal at all. With only 2 years left on them, that would be $30 worth of time on a $90 seat. Not worth $65. Does that make sense?

And a floor model, I don't think I would trust it. You never know if it was a return, dropped, beat to heck, tossed around during store remodels ETC.

Baylor

LOL.. it was big lots.. It still has all the tags on it and the box was there.. It was just out of it. I did not want to buy it without checking here..

Before this place I would have bought it in a heart beat, Now I can not do anything without you people!!You have become my gurus! lol...

I don't know anything about Recaro as a company or their seats.

luckyclov

I love the Vivo! Unfortunately, my booster kid has outgrown it. :(

Be watchful with the ProBooster, it's known to be tippy in a lot of vehicles. But it's a great booster.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I love the Vivo! Unfortunately, my booster kid has outgrown it. :(

Be watchful with the ProBooster, it's known to be tippy in a lot of vehicles. But it's a great booster.

Tippy? As in tips to one side? Hm, that is interesting. I've had it in my car for a few days and tried it with my four year old nanny kiddo and had no tippiness.

Baylor- If there is a tippy issue, we can work that out. I don't want to sell you a seat that is going to be tippy in your car. Like I said, it has been perfect in my car, but I'm not sure what it will be like in your car.

Baylor

It should be fine where I am putting it.. My Gns tend to tip in the 3rd row but the second row is fine.

Kat_Momof3

I love the vivo (well, DUH)... and I love it best for slim kids... especially those with shorter femurs, like Ruthie... but I wouldn't buy a floor model and you have to check the dates at Big Lots... mine still only has 2007 Vivos/Vivo Lites. But others have gotten much newer dates... so who knows.

I've heard the Probooster can be tippy, but between the awesome deal I got on nobetterdeal.com and that I can have it in a captain's chair (which is fabric and contoured so shouldn't be tippy as I've never had a booster be tippy there), I'm really pleased.

luckyclov

Tippy? As in tips to one side? Hm, that is interesting. I've had it in my car for a few days and tried it with my four year old nanny kiddo and had no tippiness.
Tippy as in...turn a corner and the whole shabang nearly tips OVER (yeah, with a kid in it). That kind of tippy.:p

It was flat-out incompatible with the 3rd row of my previous vehicle, an '09 Grand Caravan, in all 3 seating positions, due to tippiness. And because the shoulder belts were placed so far forward, they bunched so badly in the guide it compromised proper retracting ability. It was "acceptable" in the 2nd row, but I didn't love it there.

That stuff aside, I loved the booster - one of the best belt fits I've ever seen on DS1.

momtoo3

The ProBooster was very tippy in the 3rd row of my 03 Caravan but not very tippy on the 2nd row. I always had another car seat next to it so no problems with it tipping far enough to be concerned. HTH!

molly&elle

Where are you finding these vivo's at big lots? I've been stalking to try and find one here and nothing. (I'm in Mich)

Kat_Momof3

I'm in VA - but again, i don't think you want one from 2007

you're better just to buy online and ensure a good DOM.

Baylor

Pennsylvania here.. I did not go back and check DOM though.. I will if I go back around there tomorrow.

I got my Probooster from KAC tonight and I love it and so does DS1! Says it is super comfy and it just does my heart good to see all that protection around him.

turtlemama

I got a Vivo from Big Lots a while back and it was an 07. DD used it for maybe 3 months before we got tired of it. She always had a hard time buckling it and getting the seat belt tight because of how it fit in the 3rd row of my Pacifica. We got a Cybex now and its doing great so far. My only complaint is that it does take about half of my rear view up.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC