Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: what seat?

what seat?

We are going to Toronto with my oldest, she is five and a half, flying private. We don't really need a seat on the plane, but since space will be at a premium we may have to use one. The Toronto traffic scares the crap out of me. She is in a booster seat full time, but is still within the limits of her Frontier. Would you take a booster, or use her Frontier, and use it while seated on the plane? We will be having a private driver, I believe in an SUV, or possibly a van, but the start of this trip will be in a limo, I know that in her seat, of any kind she needs to face the front of the limo. Any ideas of how to do this? We will be doing a lot of shopping while there, and walking would you take a light weight stroller for her, since she has short legs, and doesn't really enjoy walking long distances a lot. I have a Peg stroller, that folds down nicely, and that she will fit into fine. We are also doing Canada Wonderland while we are there.
    Summer Dec 2005 80 pounds, Leah Aug 2007 40 pounds
    Eryn Aug 2012 22 pounds,Mallory 15months and Logan
    Rebecca, 3 months adopted in April, weighing 13 and a half pounds.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: what seat?

I'd take the Frontier. Otherwise you wouldn't have a seat for her since you can't use a booster on the plane, and there likely wouldn't be much room to store it on the plane (depending of course what type of plane).
    Anna~ RN and expired CPST (hoping to recert soon!)

Re: what seat?

I am sorry I don't know for sure, it is a private business jet, I know the company, but I am actually not at liberty to mention who's jet it is. I am sorry.
    Last edited by alake; 07-19-2011 at 06:03 AM.
    Summer Dec 2005 80 pounds, Leah Aug 2007 40 pounds
    Eryn Aug 2012 22 pounds,Mallory 15months and Logan
    Rebecca, 3 months adopted in April, weighing 13 and a half pounds.