Is this normal or is my BV70 broke?

njkj

I took out the BV70 to clean it and change covers when I noticed the screws in the seat (the same ones that have been falling out) were super loose. Then I noticed the whole seat was moving. So I did some playing and put it in different reclines (wi\ which BTW is SUPER hard to do, is that normal??? I seriously have to FORCE it to recline) and realized the seat only wiggles (like 1/4-1/2 inch) when fully reclined. Just in case this does not make since I took a little video.

( I accidentally moved the whole seat at first sorry)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofYklePdDOM"]‪July 18, 2011 6:13 PM‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Should I call Britax?

ADS

skitle1802

If you are unsure, I'd call. It can't hurt other than waste 20 minutes. Hopefully some others would have played with the new generation Britax seats can chime in.

bnsnyde

My Advocate screw fell out (Britax replaced seat). I always found it very, very difficult to get the seat to change recline positions.

I know the screws are supposed to be loose and the base needs to wiggle for energy management, from what I read.

I personally don't like the design. I guess because I'm worried now about those screws all the time. It seems that a RF child, when going in or out, puts a fair amount of pressure of the side of the seat and pulls the screw at an angle that is not good for it. This is just what looks like happens...now that I am paying attention to where the pressure points are on the seat when a kid gets in or out.

I literally try to thrust my kid up and out of the seat so we don't break a screw now.
On most other points, it's a perfect seat for us. So I am happy overall.

amelia222

My marathon has done that since I got it so I just kind of assumed that was normal :confused: The screws aren't loose on mine though and it is super hard to change the recline.

cpsaddict

Mine does move around a bit, but the screws are not loose at all. I know it is supposed to move around a little, so I am fine with it. As for reclining it, I find it harder than the older ones. It's kind of like reclining a Triumph. It needs to be braced on something(like the wall) to get it to recline easily. Now that I have it figured out, it's easy.

melniemi

Mine are loose. I called and was told they are supposed to be and to only worry if they fall out. I did retighten them a tad with my fingernail so they are still loose. I don't have trouble changing recline positions.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC