Got my B-Safe - My Opinion with LOTS of Pics!

Mags462

I was so excited to see Mr. UPS at my door last week, on my birthday no less!!, with my new Britax B-Safe. So here are my thoughts:

The Fabric
SMOOTH Harness adjuster
Handle can be up while in the car
The Base (minus the lock-off)
Low low bottom harness slots

Dislikes:
It's weight
- according to the manny specs it only weights 9.5lbs.... but it FELT much heavier. I was really surprised actually. It must have to do with the distribution of the weight. My old BT infant seat weighed the same on paper but felt much much lighter. So odd.

The Lock-Off
- OMG, i thought i had a busted seat. I seriously could NOT get that thing open. I was flustered and thought surely it cannot be THAT hard. Yep, getting that thing open was that hard. I didn't even try to install the seat, but opening and closing that bad boy regularly would be enough for me to choose a different seat.

The Seat Release from the base
- Its on the back, and kind of weird to reach. Especially if you were driving a smaller sedan where you wouldn't have much space between it and the actual seat in the car. It just was awkward to me. It certainly was a step up from the BT i used to have, but the release on the Kf and SR35 is much better IMO.

If i HAD to buy a Britax infant seat i would choose the B Safe over the Chaperone any day.... but if baby #4 ever does appear, i won't be buying one of these.

DSC01757.jpg

DSC01755.jpg

DSC01759.jpg

DS3 in the seat... He was cranky and would not let me buckle him in, so he is sitting on the harness actually. He is 20 mo old, weighs 22 lbs, and regularly rides in a TF RF on the 2nd set of slots. (I can check torso length if someone is interested!)

DSC01750.jpg

DSC01749.jpg

DSC01751.jpg

I think he would have *just* been under the height limit of the seat had he been actually sitting in it properly without the harness and infant insert under his bum. Not too shabby for an infant seat to get almost 2 years of use out of it height wise! ;)

ADS

clmchrissy

Thanks for the pics, I'm thinking about getting dd another infant seat since she hit the wt limit on the KF (22). Can this be used without the base? If so, do you have to pull back the cover to get to the belt path?

Mags462

Thanks for the pics, I'm thinking about getting dd another infant seat since she hit the wt limit on the KF (22). Can this be used without the base? If so, do you have to pull back the cover to get to the belt path?

Let me go pull it out of the box and look :eek: BRB.....

Mags462

Yes it can be used without the base....

And you don't have to "pull back" the cover per say. There is a small elastic loop on the side of the seat and you just undo the loop and tuck that portion of the cover in to the side (clear as mud huh? :eek:).... I'll get pics! :D

AnnieW625

Great review! I hate the lockoffs on our BLVD so it makes me think these are the same ones they have on this seat now. I love the bubble fabric.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
So why do you have it?! LOL I like it better than the Chaperone. I didn't play with it though....next time I go to BBB, I will try my 23mo old and see how she fits.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Great review! I hate the lockoffs on our BLVD so it makes me think these are the same ones they have on this seat now. I love the bubble fabric.

The lockoff on this seat is nothing like the BV lockoffs, it's like the Dorel lockoff, a big plastic plate that you flip up to open.

Last edited:

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Thanks again to our sponsor, Britax, for providing our June giveaway and thank you for your review and photos!

I had a similar experience with the lockoff system. Fortunately, it does hold the belt well and LATCH is an option. I also found the release mechanism awkward at first, but it does work smoother than some infant seats where it can be difficult to insert and release the carrier from the base.

http://carseatblog.com/10382/britax-b-safe-infant-seat-review-and-giveaway/

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC