2001 Ford Excursion

lurick1224

Can anyone advise whether the 2001 Ford Excursion is an easy vehicle to install car seats in. We have a 10 month old and another one on the way, so we are looking for a bigger SUV. The one that we are looking at has the captain chairs in the back seat with a third row bench seat. Any opinions?
Thanks!

ADS

jess71903

Ambassador
The excursion is an absolutely ginormous vehicle. Luke, seriously, the biggest SUV ever. It is built on a 3/4 ton truck frame (SAME AS THE F250) unless you haul big horse trailers or something, I can't imagine needing something that big for kid-hauling. The Expedition is on the 1/2 ton (F150) frame. It's still a big SUV and is very car seat friendly.

Sent from my Desire HD using Car-Seat.Org

lurick1224

I do haul horses and livestock. We live in a rural community and I am a 4-H agent, so it is part of my job to haul. Also we like that the diesel last longer mileage wise.

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
We tried one out years ago. Dh LOVED it. We use trailers often. It was a diesel!!

It was easy to install seats in. The one we tried had a 2nd and 3rd row bench. No captains. Anything would fit in there.

We ended up with a suburban later on. It would fit almost any seats too.

The 3rd row is tighter, so doing 3 across could be a challenge, but sounds like you are a ways away from having 5 kids back there.

jess71903

Ambassador
Ok, gotcha. I misread your post to say that you wanted a "bigger" SUV for kid hauling and imagined you tooling around a city in that monster! I totally get the rural community and needing a big rig thing.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC