Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Boulevard CS (65) & Jetblue

My dh & I will be traveling to Florida this fall with ds (26 months). I have (and absolutely love) the boulevard CS (65). Still rear-facing of course

We have booked seats on a direct flight on JetBlue (A320) with the "more room seats".

Does anyone have experience with the blvd & jetblue? I've read that their seat width is not as wide as the widest part of my seat. But is wider than the seat base. I'm terrified that I will have to check my seat and I won't have a safe way for my little guy to travel. I've looked in the CARES system for flying but I would feel much better with him in his seat!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: Boulevard CS (65) & Jetblue

The width isn't an issue. Just put the armrest up and you're golden. It'll fit rear facing front to back, and it's much easier to install rear facing, rather than forward (where you need a seatbelt extender so you don't get it stuck on the plane).

Print out a copy of the FAA regulations, if you haven't, that state you're allowed to rear face to the limits of the convertible carseat (35 pounds), just in case you get a flight attendant who will tell you you're killing your child because you have them still rear facing (BTDT). http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgAdvisoryCircular.nsf/0/60d70126cf679d5a8625723b007841e7/$FILE/AC%20120-87A.pdf

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785