carseat sighting!

rachelandtyke

Today I was at the grocery store, and when I was getting out of the van, I noticed the car next to me had a Recaro! It was ffing in the center of the back seat. I couldn't wait to get out a take a peek.

The first thing I noticed was that it was top tethered, which around here is rare. Then I noticed it was installed with both LATCH and the seatbelt. :doh: And the headrest was low enough that unless the child was really heavy, s/he was small enough that it probably should have been rfing.

Maybe Recaro has a bubble, too?

ADS

cupcakepirate11

someone I know couldn't figure out how to install the evenflo tribute. (Even after they read the manual) They used the forward facing belt path to install the seat rear facing AND a seatbelt. After much prodding I got them to install it correctly with latch.

yeesh, some people are thick headed.

Stelvis

There's definitely a Recaro bubble. My neighbor spent 5 minutes explaining to me how I should have bought a Recaro because "that's the safest there is."

bnsnyde

Laughing because I just got back from a trip with my kids in their Recaros and I was so happy I have these seats, with the deep sides, all that foam, etc.
I don't like the dinky Civic but love the carseats! I even, um, have a special sun shade I put on the seats when we park so they don't fade.

Truly wouldn't trade those seats for anything! They are going to fit for a LONG time too!

We went to preschool and swim lessons and once again watched the 3-year-olds pile into boosters. Not even Recaro boosters. :)

The box they came in said Don't Get Cute, Get Recaro. Well, I thought the seats were kind of cute. Guess I should not think that!

Phineasmama

Well, if you were using your Recaro seats completely incorrectly they wouldn't be very safe would they :thumbsdown:

I have a ProSport for DD and I absolutely love that seat I'm also not an idiot and I install it correctly.

monica-m

CPST Instructor
My mom has a Recaro Como in her car for DS. She drives a Lexus RX 330 and it is difficult to install. She lacks the strength to get the seat tightened properly when installing RF. It's a great seat but it's also a beast of a seat. DH has one for his car (Pontiac G8) and it installs like a dream in that car.

Recaro seats are great, they have really nice covers and nice high sides with lots of foam and padding. They don't have all that much leg room for ERF but that doesn't seem to matter to some kids. The bottom line is that unless the seat is installed and used properly every single time, it's not going to be as safe as it can be. It doesn't matter if the seat is a Recaro or a Britax or an Evenflo or Safety 1st. If it's used properly 100% of the time it's going to be safer than the most expensive misused seat.

cookie123

I was happy to see a van with 2 Nauti's in it - nicely top tethered. Also recently saw a 3 across of Radians.

violets_mommy

I saw an older model Honda today with two FF seats (didn't get close enough to look) that were tethered! But the best part about it, this Honda was retrofitted with tethers! I hardly ever see tethers used around here and to see someone who has retrofitted their car, it's awesome!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC