I helped a new Mom!

jennsmile

I was at LLL and saw a new mom with a 5 week old. I asked if I could tighten the loose harness only to find her feet were though the side straps the the hip portion was under her legs and in the crotch you had the hip straps and the crotch buckle. :eek: Mom was so grateful. :thumbsup: As the correct way looks so much easier. And she would not be wrangling feet through the side straps anymore. She was very appreciative. :D

Jenn

ADS

littleangelfire

That is GREAT that you helped her! I've done some seriously stupid stuff myself, but I have to wonder how you get the idea that's how one works, lol. But its awesome she was willing to accept suggestion and help. So may people get seriously mad when even a hint of them doing something not quite right is pointed out.

mommycat

Ok, I can't even figure out what you are describing... that sounds confusing! Glad she knows how to do it now. :)

TxMomma

Wow! I'm glad you were able to help her. It reallys make you wonder what some people are thinking, seats come with a manual for a reason.

trailrunnermom

I ran across the same situation six years ago in an infant massage class! The mom wondered why it was so difficult to put the baby in the carseat! :)

Morganthe

Good for you!! I'm glad she allowed your help and that you were there for her :) :love:

I've come to the conclusion that with some people, harnesses of any type just confuse them. :shrug-shoulders: There's no image in the mind of how things are supposed to fit, so it's more difficult for them to do it.

A friend of mine took care of my Yorkie years ago for a 2 week long absence. My dog had a simple common harness that had the neck and behind the front legs areas attached by two straps. The leash would then clip onto it just above the shoulder blades.

All she had to do was put it over my dog's neck and then slide her front paws through the wider stomach band. Trust me, it's simpler than it sounds. No buckles needed & it never twisted. She just could not 'get it' and told me how frustrating it was to have the dog slip out of it all the time when she got tangled up.

I don't think it's laziness or anything, it's just how some people are with straps & such. There's no visualization providing an idea of how its supposed to work. Hopefully with kids, there's someone there as a backup who 'gets' it. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC