Milk prices

amyg530

has anybody noticed the price of milk going up? i'm wondering if if its just here in AL or everywhere. only a few months ago milk was about 3.50 at wal mart and this week it was 4.15! that seems like a huge increase to me. especially since b/t DS and DH we go through a gallon in about a day and a half thats about $80 a month. i cant wait for milk to be on sale again at publix, i love when they have it 2 for $5 i buy enough for the week on the first day of the sale and then go back on the last day and depending on the dates buy as much as 8 gallons! anyway is milk going up where everybody else lives?

ADS

R&J'sMom

has anybody noticed the price of milk going up? i'm wondering if if its just here in AL or everywhere. only a few months ago milk was about 3.50 at wal mart and this week it was 4.15! that seems like a huge increase to me. especially since b/t DS and DH we go through a gallon in about a day and a half thats about $80 a month. i cant wait for milk to be on sale again at publix, i love when they have it 2 for $5 i buy enough for the week on the first day of the sale and then go back on the last day and depending on the dates buy as much as 8 gallons! anyway is milk going up where everybody else lives?

I bought ours at Safeway, buy 1 gallon get one free so it was $3.99 for 2 gallons. They run the same special every week. The other stores in my area charge $2.50 per gallon. We are in AZ.

dluciew

Yes! I'm in NJ and the milk prices were about $4.05 a gallon. I use the regular milk but I've been buying my son organic milk and haven't found a change in that, yet at least :confused:

becca011906

Senior Community Member
My MIL read somewhere online or in the papers that prices are going to be close to $5 a gallon by the end of summer, cheese, and butter will also be going up this summer as well. :( oh and cereal I'm going into work to talk to my boss tomorrow and hoping W.I.C. won't be effected by it ??? i work for them but also get WIC for allie still.

amyg530

ah WIC, those were the days :) now that DH and i are actually married (as of december) we dont get wic anymore. but boy did it help. not thata it would be near enough since it was 4 gallons of milk a month and we need about 20!

vonfirmath

I bought ours at Safeway, buy 1 gallon get one free so it was $3.99 for 2 gallons. They run the same special every week. The other stores in my area charge $2.50 per gallon. We are in AZ.

This is how much we pay for milk. and its been pretty much the same for months now. In WA.

LuvBug

dang girl! where are you shopping? lol! if you lived near me I know a store that does half gallon sales for .99 frequently ;) but you are in montgomery right?

We dont do milk, we do rice milk. Its 1.79 for a half gallon equiv... so I suppose the same price cow milk use to be by the gallon?

amyg530

luvbug, you're in AL too right (i was just looking at poll you posted) where in, yeah we're in MGM and the 4.15 a gallon was at freaking WM!
i think i'd pee my pants if i saw it as cheap at .99 a half galllon lol thats such a good deal. i dont know anything about rice milk (never even heard of it) so i dont know how it compares, we drink whole milk, its all DH will drink and even though DS is about to turn 2 i'm gonna keep him on it for now b/c al he does is drink milk, he hardly ever eats

LuvBug

Im northern of you... too far to justify just for milk lol!

You should search the coffee break for milk topics, its been discussed some. I cant do cows milk, so we dont do it at all. I use to do soy, but now we do rice. I like rice much better.

elle7715

I think we had a 1.99/gallon sale last week. We're in MI. I don't really pay attention anymore, we use rice milk also. DS pukes if I eat dairy so I switched. We're on WIC but I give most of the milk to my mom. DD doesn't really drink milk but we keep a gallon around just in case. I tried to see if WIC would let us get rice milk instead of cow's milk but after explaining to 3 different people that "no, I wasn't going to use it as baby formula, and yes, babies CAN be sensitive to the cow's milk protein in breastmilk" I gave up.

LuvBug

WIC can be a pain. Ours said they were working on getting soy on there, but since it was hard to find the plain readily available they were having a hard time passing it... mmmmhhhmmmmm

djma

Mayfield milk is over $6 a gallon here!!! Wal-Mart has been putting their brand of milk on sale for about $2.66 per gallon and the shelves have stayed empty! I cannot believe they can charge that much for milk!

Beckers

I live in Bessemer (southwest of Birmingham) and we buy ours at SAMS or Costco. Their prices vary too, but they are usually about $1 cheaper than the grocery stores :)

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I paid $3.69 for a 4L (Canada) the other day. I did notice a bit of a jump as it was $3.39 so that isn't too much of a increase.

kater-tot82

Milk here used to be 1.69/gallon for skim but it has gone up to 1.99/gallon. That's at Wegmans though. If you buy it at the gas station it is closer to 3.00 a gallon. I can't believe how expensive it is near some of you! We live in Western NY, by the way.

Last edited:

mommy2jana

I don't know how much regular milk is here.

I buy a 1/2 gallon of organic milk once every week or two at either Walmart or Publix....WM, Stoneyfield brand is $3.00/1/2 gallon and at Publix, Greenwise is a little less than $3.00/gallon.

DF works for a Walmart Distribution Center in our area and told me a few weeks ago that by the end of summer milk will be up to at least $5.00/gallon. Thankfully, we don't drink much milk....but I'm already paying about $5/gallon for organic milk.

InTheWoods

I don't really pay attention. I buy the kids a half gallon of 2% milk organic milk twice a week or so; they're not big milk drinkers and DD still nurses. $4ish a half gallon?

I buy myself 0% milk, which lasts about a week. $3?

DH will sometimes drink LactAid milk (allergic to regular milk), and that's expensive. $4.50(?) a half gallon.

I could save money buying the gallon size of any milk, but more often than not, it goes bad before we can finish it. So if I know I won't be able to get to the store for a week, I buy two half-gallon sizes instead.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC