One more booster question.

Baylor

I am moving DS2 outboard. And putting DS1 in the middle position on the second row because I have to use the Pronto tomorrow. He threw up all over his GN today again.

I don't want him backless cause we are going to the city..

I am still concerned that the belt has to come all the way across from the wall of the van to that position. I just wonder how safe it is.. It does have an arm rest on that bench.

Is this okay?

ADS

Kat_Momof3

I don't know... but I wouldn't like having it there, either.

What about putting him in the third row or moving your DS2 to the third row?

OR... (assuming you can... it depends on the year) what about either moving the 2nd row bench over to the other side...

luckyclov

I don't know if it's safe or not, but, no, personally, I wouldn't want my boostered kid riding there. I know exactly what you're talking about. Why can't you have one 2nd row and one in 3rd row?

Baylor

The issue is DS1 gets car sick in the very back and DS2 is just well a nudge.. I guess I will leave him outboard behind driver. I was hoping if he could see out the front window it would help him feel better. I was trying for putting the least protected in the most protected position but I only have a lap shoulder at the center middle.

Thank you. I appreciate the advice. Nice to know my gut is not the only one thinking it is not the best idea.

P.S. Would you feel the same if the Gn was there in that position tethered and installed with latch but used as booster? Now that they gave us permission to do that, it would be more anchored and I think I would feel better about that, I can not do that today because it is still smelling awful from yesterday.

Kat_Momof3

that really doesn't effect my thinking... I just don't like the seatbelt having to come from that far away... if it were the only available seat, then I'd use it... but while again we have no reason to think it's unsafe... it just... bothers. I guess I just don't like the idea of that much additional belt being able to stretch when it locks in a crash...

luckyclov

that really doesn't effect my thinking... I just don't like the seatbelt having to come from that far away... if it were the only available seat, then I'd use it... but while again we have no reason to think it's unsafe... it just... bothers. I guess I just don't like the idea of that much additional belt being able to stretch when it locks in a crash...
Yeah, that.

Baylor

Yeah... It bothered me and yet I think it would not be there if it was unsafe but still. Thanks for your input guys!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC