Tried some boosters today!

disbugsmomma

I went to Toy House today to see what boosters they had there besides Britax. Turns out they had the Compass B540, which was on sale for $50 and they had the Monterey in stock! I tried dd in the B540 first, after finally figuring out how to unfold and adjust it. :rolleyes: (Never has a seat perplexed me quite so much. :eek:) I did not care for the fit unfortunately, the lap belt was too high and it is a pretty wide seat.

IMAG0073.jpg

Shows bad lap belt fit.
IMAG0074.jpg

I then tried her in the Monterey. I love the fit of this seat. :love:

I did adjust the headrest after taking this picture.
IMAG0080.jpg

Shows good lap belt fit and adjusted headrest.
IMAG0081.jpg

So now I need to find a cheap Monterey or two. :whistle:

ADS

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
The first one has a pretty cover but a really bad fit.

The Monterey looks great though!!!

munchkin

Is her stats in your sig up to date? I am going to start booster training E when he turns 4 in October, but can't decide what seat and assumed the Monterey would be too wide for him, but he is a little wider than yours.

Kat_Momof3

I'm not crazy about how far to the edge of the shoulder the shoulder belt is in the Monterey with the headrest on that lower position.

For Ruthie, I didn't like how the headrest was when I raised it to fix it... but if your daughter is comfy and can sit still and benefit from the support when she dozes off with it in the higher position, then the Monterey would work.

I just love her fit in the turbo so much more.

Traquy

disbugsmomma, what is the high back booster in your sig picture? I am looking for one and love that print and the fit (shoulder anyway). I checked the seats in the description above the picture and none of them looked like it.

ETA: never mind, found it.

Last edited:

monstah

I'm not crazy about how far to the edge of the shoulder the shoulder belt is in the Monterey with the headrest on that lower position.

I just love her fit in the turbo so much more.

It looks like she is shifted over to the right in the picture so I'm thinking that it will be even better if she was sitting center or leaning to the left. But I also love the fit of the Turbo above the others on her.

OP- Have you seen the new Turbo prints at Target? Sooo cute!

ETA: Did you cut her hair short or is it in a pony? :love: DD1 keeps asking me to take her to the barber for a short cut like her big brother but the one time I did have her hair cut, I nearly cried. :p Your DD is SO stinkin cute! I might give in to DD1....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC