1 inch of harness height

Mommy2Marcus

I have a Gen 65 for Marcus in DH's car. He only has about 1 inch of harness height left before he hits the top harness slots. How long do you think he has left? He is 4 years & 9 months, weighs 34-37lbs depending on when he is weighed, is about 43 inches tall & has a 14 1/2-15 inch torso.

Is it possible that we could get another year out of this seat for him?? I was hoping for him to be closer to 6 & 40lbs before I moved him out of his harnessed seats with us. I would get a pic, but he just left with DH for TN for the weekend. I noticed b/c I put him in the seat.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I vote 'probably'. That last inch can really take a long time to gain, it was like 2 years for my dd in her Marathon, and I've been watching a 3 yo in a Tribute that I thought was 'at' the top slots 6 months ago, but is still an inch below now, with a good year to go in it.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
For Piper at that age, it was well more than two years. Her legs grew and her torso stopped. The average is one torso inch per year, but I think you could easily see more.

Wendy

Mommy2Marcus

I vote 'probably'. That last inch can really take a long time to gain, it was like 2 years for my dd in her Marathon, and I've been watching a 3 yo in a Tribute that I thought was 'at' the top slots 6 months ago, but is still an inch below now, with a good year to go in it.

For Piper at that age, it was well more than two years. Her legs grew and her torso stopped. The average is one torso inch per year, but I think you could easily see more.

Wendy

Thanks! I was thinking we could probably get another year out of it, but was not 100% sure. I am thinking he must have just had a growth spurt b/c I swear he had more room in that seat a week or 2 ago when I last saw him in it. Crazyness. If he outgrows this seat before I am ready for him to, I will put the Maestro on there & move my 5 yo nephew to a high back booster in my car!

Kat_Momof3

knowing that Marcus has been on the more petite side so far and that the next big growth spurt age should be when he turns 5... I think he should make it to age 5.

Mommy2Marcus

knowing that Marcus has been on the more petite side so far and that the next big growth spurt age should be when he turns 5... I think he should make it to age 5.

TY Kat! I was hoping for at the very very least another 6 months. Hell watch him suprise me & make it to like almost age 6. LOL. He is a little thing. He can still wear size 24months & 2T shorts/unders, so yeah.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC