Looky what I found!

ADS

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
But does it need to be installed at a 45-degree angle?

no it is naturally at a 35 degree angle...I emailed maxi cosi about this and this is the answer I got

Hi Jessica- We are excited to launch the Pria 70 this summer. As you may know this is a new innovation in convertible car seats, addressing the fit of small children and providing more space in a rear-facing install. This is accomplished through the use of the “TinyFit System”. TinyFit functions as a seat within the car seat, allowing small occupants lower harness slots and an approximate 45 degree recline angle. The TinyFit System also allows the main structure of the Pria 70 to be installed more upright rear-facing, provides more space in the vehicle.
You may see the Pria 70 on some store shelves in the end of July, but more likely in August. Stay tuned! We will have more information about the Pria 70 available soon as we get closer to launch time!

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I don't really like the look of it, and I will not trust Dorel CS about the angle until I can read the manual.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Kac said:
I don't really like the look of it, and I will not trust Dorel CS about the angle until I can read the manual.

I agree. Given how strict they've been, I'll be pleasantly surprised if it really is allowed to be installed more upright.

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
Well I would probably install it upright anyway especially since that question was answered on maxi cosi's facebook wall when I asked...its a little ways down but its there. It installs 30-35 degrees but the tinyfit insert makes it to where it would be 45 degrees for newbies

I guess we will have to just wait and see

EDT: I will make sure to ask on the webinar tommorow if it isn't already covered

hrice

Kat_Momof3 said:
it looks like the Rumi Air... I can't be optimistic.

I played with the Rumi this weekend and was not impressed. Unless the thing was broken my 3 year old was on the tallest harness position. :thumbsdown:

Pixels

The Pria starts manufacturing Monday. It will be approximately a month until it shows up on store shelves.

The seat itself installs more upright, and then the TinyFit insert makes the 45 degree angle. Bottom slots at 5 inches, length and depth adjustable crotch strap. Rated 4-40 RF, 22-70 FF.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
If your buying after an infant seat yes its expensive

but from preemie to preschool (thats what i'm going to assume)

I don't think its that bad.

I mean infant carrier is 100-200 dollars alone + another convertible (40-300)

That's true. I just don't think I'd spend that much for a Dorel seat after all of the confusion with the CA and CS saying one thing and just everything I've dealt with. :duck:

Kat_Momof3

the price isn't bad, but it could have been a little better, considering they still have the same old cheap dorel chest clip and the same straps that are thin and more easy to twist (though nothing like what we used to have to deal with 10yrs ago)

bnsnyde

Does it have any advantages over any other seats?

Looks nice but I don't see any features that I don't have, exactly?

I wrote a long response to a survey about Dorel seats but they could not have gotten this seat out that quickly, lol.
But the info they gave on the survey told me NOTHING.

I want to know what the harness height is, shell height, etc. 40 inch rule? All that.
And if it's just 40 lbs. RF my Radian is a better bet going to 45. Now, if a 45 RF seat came out that went more upright, I'd be thrilled.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I want to know what the harness height is, shell height, etc. 40 inch rule? All that.
And if it's just 40 lbs. RF my Radian is a better bet going to 45. Now, if a 45 RF seat came out that went more upright, I'd be thrilled.
From Dorel:
• Rear-Facing 4-40 lbs, Forward-Facing 22-70 lbs
• <air> protect - Revolutionary Side Impact Technology, • immediately reduces impact forces through the precise
release of air
• PerfectFit one hand harness height adjustment, providing micro adjustments for an optimal fit
• Deep rear-facing adjustment, making it easier and faster to correctly install rear-facing
• FlexTech Construction System for advanced crash energy management
• One Click LATCH System, with easy click-in and release for better installation
• Gripping cup holder, integrated to securely hold beverages

Harness height range is 5" for tiny 4 lb newborns using the TinyFit insert to 17" for toddler/preschoolers. As near as I can tell this is the only other seat besides the Radian that's likely to get almost any newborn home from the hospital and last until booster age (and even a Radian won't fit a preemie).

Also, the base is just under 11" wide, which should help it puzzle well with, say, a Radian. Overall seat width is also reasonable, although I can't remember the exact width (16" maybe?).

I wonder whether it might even fit RF in my Civic better than the Radian.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC