Please tell me I'm not the only one!

cpsaddict

Who is ALWAYS broke! I just got paid Monday and it is gone, all to bills. WAHHHH! I am so sick of this. I work two jobs and nver have any time, yet I have no money. :scratcheshead: It seems the bills just eat up everything. The biggest problem is that my bill due dates don't work well at all with my pay dates. :(

I just wondered if I am the only one. I am just exhausted from trying to budget constantly. Oh, and working 60+ hours a week! :eek:

ADS

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
My dh is military and we are always broke.

He is getting out in a few months and even having to pay a ton for insurance and prescriptions we will have $600/month more then we have now, after 90 days he will get a raise for another $350/month! We will FINALLY be able to breathe a little and not panic over every cent we spend.

We have been broke the entire 8.5 years of our marriage. It's sooo hard to live like this!

I hope you find a solution soon.

Kellyr2

Always broke too.
I can't wait until next year - he'll be getting a nice promotion and raise. we'll finally have a bit of room in the budget to play with and *gasp* save. But we scrape by for the next year still.

chelle80

We're right there with you. I am a SAHM with 3 boys and now my elderly/disabled mom to care for and DH is a truck driver. He only drives 2148 miles a week because he got on a dedicated lane so that he could be home more when i was PG and having problems.

Hopefully though things will get a lot better next month, he is changing jobs, but will be gone more, instead of being home sat. PM to wed.AM, he will be gone all week and home weekends, but his pay will increase anywhere from $200-400 bring home more a week.

Hope things get better for you soon. It is a PITA to be broke all the time.

mominabigtruck

I'm right with you there. I'm always trying to figure out what bills I can pay on time and what bills are going to be late. Since we've had ds2 its been hard because instead of me being able to go out and do a couple of runs when we need extra money I can't do that because ds2 does not do well in the truck. I'll take him if its something short, in the state, but there's only so much screaming I can take. And plus my parents moved about an hour away and she always babysat for free for me so now even if I want to get a regular job its hard because I have to pay for a babysitter too because dh is always home and my babysitter is very neurotic.

Melizerd

I hear ya. I swear if I get a raise I'm never ahead. How does that work? I don't change anything. I think it's all in my gas tank :(

Morganthe

My dh is military and we are always broke.
:yeahthat:

We were doing very okay until Mamma Military relocated us back Stateside :thumbsdown: We went broke after the move. :( I had forgotten how expensive it was to live without helpful allowances to offset certain expenses like ELECTRICITY when it's 100+ degrees outside for months at a time! DH made rank in January and we've been catching up on important items & certain bills we put off the entire last year. It's been eaten up also by rising costs such as gas, taxes, food increases, and uniform needs too. :(

I also discovered that home ownership isn't all it's cracked up to be. I'd probably have more savings if we had found a place to rent instead. But there weren't any at the time. TBH, it is the highlight of this location. I do like my house and wish I could afford something similar back in the PNW. :rolleyes:

Oh well, live & learn :shrug-shoulders: I just hate living paycheck to paycheck :mad:

Last edited:

Morganthe

with gas the way it is Im suprised more people arent dirt poor!!!

(Im part of the club ;) )

DH told me that his monthly expense account wasn't enough these days to cover his work Needs. In Jan-Apr, his monthly gas cost was $35 for his Jetta to travel roughly 4 miles to/from work each way and around town. Now he's spending $65-70 monthly just on fuel! Some of that might be due to evaporation since his car is out in the open without shade... but still. Wow! What a jump out of his $100 that used to cover entirely gas, snacks, occasional grocery stops, & small work donations (for occasional good causes such as retirement gifts).

LuvBug

OMG I know!!! Work is only right over the hill and his school is over a hill in the opposite direction. It only takes maybe 4 minutes to get to work and 9 minutes to get to his school, yet Im filling up every 1.5-2 weeks at about $36 a pop, thats $72+ a month!
It doesnt help that I am doing a LOT of running around for the company, and they dont pay me back for the gas...

Another small thing that ends up costing us a lot is that I have to pack lunch and snacks for both of us, its not included in his tuition. I actually like that they dont provide lunch and snack, that way I can truly watch what he eats... but they should come down on the tuition a little.

amyg530

Now he's spending $65-70 monthly just on fuel!

ha! lucky, when we moved last summer we chose to live in montgomery even though DHs job was in evergreen which is about an hour away. we wanted the conviences of living in a "real" city. well b/c of that he spends $400-$500 a month on gas! it totally sucks! and as far as the paycheck to paycheck, things got a little easier when we payed off the truck but now the bills are off balance so from the 10th to the 25th its easy but from the 25th to the 10th we're broke, we cant seem to not spend the extra that we have right away. part of our problem is while i was born when my parents were in college and my mom taught me how to spend wisley, eat cheaply and make the money strech. DH is used to having the money to get whatever he wants. its not like he was ever rich, just b/f we were together the money went further. he has certain things that he HAS to have, cigs, rockstars, half a fridge pack of drinks a day. it adds up so fast. just b/c the cigs and RS its like $100 a month. BUT since its "his" money he HAS to have them. and i can easily eat meatless but he HAS to have meat in everymeal and HAS to have 2 sides a vegie and bread with dinner every night. however i still have figured out ways to stretch what we have. its little things but it helps. things like, we'd never eat a whole box of macncheese so i cook like 1/2 the box or sometimes 1/4, i know that its only 33cents a box but i can streatch that to 4 meals sometimes, same for can stuff like corn and green beans. we cant eat a whole can so i cook have and freeze the other half. its tiny but i cant stand throwing food away and DH will NOT eat leftovers. i've also learned that the only way we can save money is for it to be in the change jar. i started saving up for DSs regent months ago (the first time i saw the kyle video) even though hes not even two yet when i go to the bank to get gas money for DH i get a roll of quarters and dump it into the change jar. luckly my MIL said she would buy the seat but i figure ill continue to save up just incase
anyway, i ramble but you're not the only one. i do feel lucky that i dont have to work but that would actually cost us more b/c of daycare

remken

If I didn't have my car payment I'd probably be doing ok. I've mentioned just giving it back to the dealer but h wont go for it. I just keep on thinking how much more money we'd have every month if we didn't have to make car payments and full insurance coverage payments.

mominabigtruck

What are rockstars? My dh is the same way, he spends upwards of $50 a week just on cigs and then complains when I make him buy a different brand if I get coupons in the mail.

amyg530

energy drinks, they're like $2 each and he HAS to have one every morning so thats like $60 a month. i understand b/c he wakes up at 5:30 and has to drive an hour to work but it still sucks, if he would just get of the freaking computer and go to bed it wouldnt be so bad, not that i'm one to talk:whistle:

ugh i htink we are always broke! DH just got pd on friday and after rent ,car payment ,groceries..we are broke and still have a whole week to go before he gets pd . I babysit but she didnt bring him this wk . i hate it , it seems like everytime we get our heads above water , something comes up.:rolleyes:

mominabigtruck

energy drinks, they're like $2 each and he HAS to have one every morning so thats like $60 a month. i understand b/c he wakes up at 5:30 and has to drive an hour to work but it still sucks, if he would just get of the freaking computer and go to bed it wouldnt be so bad, not that i'm one to talk:whistle:

OHH, my dh uses speeders, which are lots cheaper. I can't use them, they make me pee like a racehorse and I have yet to perfect the peeing in a bottle thing.:rolleyes:

mommy2jana

Count me in!!!! I am so broke....I got a raise in April, then gas prices got higher, and I can't even tell I got a raise!!! I'm in the process of finding a job closer to home right now. I am putting 2 tanks of gas in my car per week - at at least $43 per tank!!! :eek: I just can't make the money that I'm making now at a job closer to home....even with the gas money I would save...it wouldn't work. :( Oh how I wish money-trees were real!!!! lol

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC