Vent Tether Anchor Retrofit- '94 Ford Bronco

pumkinbutt

I am incredibly frusterated right now. :dizzy:
My DH bought a 94 Ford Bronco. I called today to order the tether anchors for a retrofit they told me that part # has been discontiued. This is the part # I have F2TZ98613D74-A
Does anyone have any suggestions on another part # or maybe another tether anchor that would fit? :question:
I want to be able to take our oldest granddaughter in the bronco and she is still in a 5pt so a top tether is a must. Any ideas would be awesome... TIA

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
A top tether is not legally required, so you can take her until you get the top tether done, but I would definitely do it.

The LATCH manual states to use any generic tether kit. Talk to Ford about program code R7C. However, you may need to find your own tether for them to put in.

Wendy

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I double checked and the same part number as the one in the original post is listed in the 2011 edition of the LATCH manual for retrofitting each of the 1992-96 Bronco's second row seating positions. Earlier Broncos, 1985-90 model years, are the Broncos listed as using generic tether anchor kits from a child restraint manufacturer for all locations. I suggest contacting another Ford dealership and Ford corporate (tel. 800-392-3673) for a second and third opinion, if you haven't already done so, to verify the part's unavailability just to be certain. If you confirm it's truly discontinued and Ford can't offer any appropriate substitution for the discontinued part, you can also try contacting EZ-On at http://www.ezonpro.com/contactUs.shtml to see if they have experience with adding an aftermarket tether anchor to your Bronco model. :twocents:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC