Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Tether Anchor Retrofit- '94 Ford Bronco

I am incredibly frusterated right now.
    My DH bought a 94 Ford Bronco. I called today to order the tether anchors for a retrofit they told me that part # has been discontiued. This is the part # I have F2TZ98613D74-A
    Does anyone have any suggestions on another part # or maybe another tether anchor that would fit?
    I want to be able to take our oldest granddaughter in the bronco and she is still in a 5pt so a top tether is a must. Any ideas would be awesome... TIA

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: Tether Anchor Retrofit- '94 Ford Bronco

A top tether is not legally required, so you can take her until you get the top tether done, but I would definitely do it.

The LATCH manual states to use any generic tether kit. Talk to Ford about program code R7C. However, you may need to find your own tether for them to put in.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

I mentioned the R7C program but he stated that each car had a specific tether anchor kit. I will try again. Thanks
    Miss Cutie rides in a Graco Turbo Booster
    Miss Monkey rides in a Britax Classic Marathon.

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus Jeanum's Avatar

I double checked and the same part number as the one in the original post is listed in the 2011 edition of the LATCH manual for retrofitting each of the 1992-96 Bronco's second row seating positions. Earlier Broncos, 1985-90 model years, are the Broncos listed as using generic tether anchor kits from a child restraint manufacturer for all locations. I suggest contacting another Ford dealership and Ford corporate (tel. 800-392-3673) for a second and third opinion, if you haven't already done so, to verify the part's unavailability just to be certain. If you confirm it's truly discontinued and Ford can't offer any appropriate substitution for the discontinued part, you can also try contacting EZ-On at http://www.ezonpro.com/contactUs.shtml to see if they have experience with adding an aftermarket tether anchor to your Bronco model.
    Regards,
    Jean

DD1 Age 16, 66" Driver's Ed
    DD2 Age 12, 64" 5 steps

Click here if you wish to view the full size version of my avatar