FR85 question

mamajava

Senior Community Member
Mileys new replacement seat came in the mail yesterday. I installed it and was inside reading the book for it. It says, can't remember what page, that Vera Tether HAS to be used for a child 65-85 pounds. What if your tether only goes up to 48 pounds? I am so confused by this, please help!

ADS

violets_mommy

mamajava said:
Mileys new replacement seat came in the mail yesterday. I installed it and was inside reading the book for it. It says, can't remember what page, that Vera Tether HAS to be used for a child 65-85 pounds. What if your tether only goes up to 48 pounds? I am so confused by this, please help!

I am comfortable using tether over the limits. That doesn't mean it's right or wrong but that's what I would do.

Pixels

Then it's an incompatibility at higher weights. Effectively, that means the Frontier85 has a weight limit of 65 pounds in your vehicle and many others.

If you want the features of the Frontier85 but want a tetherless option for over 65 pounds, the Frontier SICT does not require the tether at any weight. The Frontier SICT is basically an 85 with the Advocate pillows on it.

mamajava

Senior Community Member
Then it's an incompatibility at higher weights. Effectively, that means the Frontier85 has a weight limit of 65 pounds in your vehicle and many others.

If you want the features of the Frontier85 but want a tetherless option for over 65 pounds, the Frontier SICT does not require the tether at any weight. The Frontier SICT is basically an 85 with the Advocate pillows on it.

It is just a warrenty seat from Britax, so I am not worried about it. We still have a ways to go before we hit that point! I am not a fan of the new SICT. It just looks to bulky and huge.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC