Graco Argos on Target.com - not for sale yet

ADS

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
Um its not as pretty as the ones they had on the webinar it looks just like the nautilus...and if the slots are the same height why bother? I like the plush looking fabrics

Pixels

Um its not as pretty as the ones they had on the webinar it looks just like the nautilus...and if the slots are the same height why bother? I like the plush looking fabrics

Well the main difference is the no-rethread harness. A lot of people are willing to pay a premium for that feature, especially when it can be changed on the fly so to speak without uninstalling the seat.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Stelvis said:
Interesting name. One of the hellhounds of the underworld?

I was thinking like the boat. Kinda goes with Nautilus. (Though it should really be Argo, in that case. Argos was the guy who built the ship.)

Holly

Well the main difference is the no-rethread harness. A lot of people are willing to pay a premium for that feature, especially when it can be changed on the fly so to speak without uninstalling the seat.

This is why I want one.
We have a spare FPSVD in dh's truck but it expires in the spring.
I want a seat in the truck that any of the 3 kids could use, so the no re-thread harness would mean that we could make the harness fit Josh better after it had been set for the girls, without uninstalling the seat.

The lockoff of the elite would also be great, as I have to use a locking clip in the truck (it's a 1995, no locking mechanism at all).
Being able to use the lockoff would be huge for us, as dh could take the seat out anytime he needed and it wouldn't be a hassle to have to put it back in, and he'd even be able to re-install it himself too.

love-pink

That cover looks like it will have a snag fest :thumbsdown: Mesh and that silky material all rolled into one cover :(

christineka

This is why I want one.
We have a spare FPSVD in dh's truck but it expires in the spring.
I want a seat in the truck that any of the 3 kids could use, so the no re-thread harness would mean that we could make the harness fit Josh better after it had been set for the girls, without uninstalling the seat.

The lockoff of the elite would also be great, as I have to use a locking clip in the truck (it's a 1995, no locking mechanism at all).
Being able to use the lockoff would be huge for us, as dh could take the seat out anytime he needed and it wouldn't be a hassle to have to put it back in, and he'd even be able to re-install it himself too.

If compass ever releases their Unite, it would be a contender. I thought about the argos to use as a harness for little kids and booster for the older ones, but the nautilus doesn't fit on the highest position in the car, so it's no use for the oldest kids. I'm sure the argos wouldn't fit either. I'm hoping the unite will work for us.

djma

Um, anyone else worried at the description?? "let your BABY ride in style??" and then something else about it being an all-in-one?

This doesn't RF does it??

Stelvis

LISmama810 said:
I was thinking like the boat. Kinda goes with Nautilus. (Though it should really be Argo, in that case. Argos was the guy who built the ship.)

That makes slightly more sense. Argos was also Odysseus' dog I believe.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I like that cover. And no rethread harness! :love:

Does this mean Target's new green and gray Nautiluses will be on sale when the Argos comes out?!

Irishmama

If it's the same shell as the Nautilus, I wonder if the covers for the Argos can be used on the Nautilus? I wonder if that insert is only for "infants" or if bigger kids can use it too?

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
If it's the same shell as the Nautilus, I wonder if the covers for the Argos can be used on the Nautilus? I wonder if that insert is only for "infants" or if bigger kids can use it too?

I am not sure if it would work due to the no rethread harness on the Argos.

Kat_Momof3

I just hope the pricepoint is still signifcantly below the frontier 85's... cause otherwise... I don't know that it will be worth it unless it can change height super easy without being uninstalled.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC