Not open for further replies.

lovinwaves

0004468122742_AV_500X500.jpg

This picture is on Walmart's Website.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Maybe just showing how well it goes 'round and 'round?

That does not seem like a bright idea. Well, it kind of does, from Wal-Mart's point of view. If you put an unpadded seat on a plane it'll get damaged and you need to buy another one from us!

Sheesh.

Wendy

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Yikes, no way would I check my Scenera or any other seat as luggage. It was pretty easy to carry through an airport in the new bag it's sold in when we traveled last month. (And to accidentally leave behind in the airport parking structure when we got back to our home airport, oops).

Morganthe

:ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO:

I'm laughing so hard not because of the whole pristine empty luggage terminal photo or that the Scenera is so perfectly packaged in clean plastic even with the advert still in there. Seriously, where's the luggage tag so he knows that it's THEIR scenera? Where are all the stickers smacked on the bag? I could go on with what's wrong in this picture so easily :p ...

It's the Wedding band so prominently displayed on the man's hand! That I find so funny!
Walmart is making sure that this is not one of them illegitimate babies, if there is one. Never mind that there's no kid on the photo nor anyone else around him. He's not even carrying anything like a diaper bag, or has that exhausted parental just survived the airplane ride look. It's the marriage that counts! We're to assume he's not some sort of wierdo trying to steal a carseat :p I'd say he was an airport worker, except for his clothes.

Jeanum

Staff member
LOL. I tried to remove the Cosco labeling from the bag on ours but it seemed permanently fused to the bag. I thought the bag would tear first before the tag would come off, so I ended up leaving it be. We felt like a walking Cosco billboard carrying it through the airport, and DH joked about charging Cosco for ad time, lol.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
LOL. I tried to remove the Cosco labeling from the bag on ours but it seemed permanently fused to the bag. I thought the bag would tear first before the tag would come off, so I ended up leaving it be. We felt like a walking Cosco billboard carrying it through the airport, and DH joked about charging Cosco for ad time, lol.

LOL! Is that your husband in the photo? :p :p :p :p Just kidding!

Last edited:

Jeanum

Staff member
ROFL No, it's not him. He doesn't wear striped shirts and he knows he would be in the dog house if he checked a carseat as luggage, lol. :p

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Think of that guys wife? If there was sound added, what would you hear? Wife, wrestling with screaming baby, juggling the carry ons and the diaper bag??

Stresch

Why is it bad to check a seat? Both our Britax and our Scenera came in cardboard boxes with no packaging material. I don't know how the Scenera was shipped, but the Britax came UPS. I *know* that UPS is not careful with the boxes. Why are the seats suddenly fragile once you get them home?

Jeanum

Staff member
I see your point about how the seats were shipped to the store or directly to you. Nonetheless, I'd worry even more about how the seat could be (mis)handled by the luggage handlers who aren't necessarily going to handle it with care.

My other primary reasons for not checking a carseat is that I'd want to install and use the seat on the plane, and also to ensure it actually arrives at our destination to use there rather than risk it being lost as luggage. This is true for an older child's belt positioning booster seat as well. I'd take it as carry-on to make sure it arrived for use at the destination even though a belt positioning booster seat can't actually be used on the plane due to the lap-only belts. This is pretty much what we did for our recent plane trip with the kids, taking a Scenera for my almost 2 year old DD to use on the plane and destination, and taking a Safeguard Go as carry-on for my 5 year old to use in our rental car. :) The Go can't be used on the plane because it requires a top tether anchor.

Morganthe

Think of that guys wife? If there was sound added, what would you hear? Wife, wrestling with screaming baby, juggling the carry ons and the diaper bag??

AND since no one or no luggage is around, what's your bet that they got all the way to the car and discovered the carseat was completely forgotten about. Doofus! ;)

Definitely a small baby thanks to where the harness straps are set!

-------
One of my favorite school assignments was to weave a story around a picture. I'd get a lot of mileage out of this one :p

mommycat

I would worry about checking a seat as luggage as well, not only because handlers can be extremely un-gentle with luggage, but because a lot of the time the luggage is being processed by machinery which shuttles it around various conveyors and there are some drops involved in some cases, and I have SEEN luggage become hung up and trapped at a joint between two belts where the sides didn't quite line up, with other bags coming up behind and piling up until finally the pressure forced the bag to come free. NOT what I want to happen to the seat protecting my child's life. :(

ThreeBeans

Why would a wedding band annoy you?

For pretty much the reasons Morganthe listed :p

The seat was checked. Bad for the seat.

The seat was checked. That means baby wasn't riding in the seat. Bad for the baby.

He isn't holding a damn thing. No didey bag, no squirrelly toddler, his shirt isn't covered in juice smears and ground in cheerios. He looks refreshed and relaxed. Which means MOM is somewhere in the airport holding said squirrelly toddler and covered in crap, while dad strolls around looking refreshed and not handling any parenting duties!

But, by golly, he got a 25 dollar license before he made a baby! And that makes him MAN OF THE YEAR, right!?!??!?! :p

Signed,
A Mom who is part of a TEAM...she and DH share parenting responsibilities. And neither of us would be so stupid as to check the carseat :p

jn__

I've noticed a lot of ads for baby stuff pushing the wedding band, as if to remind everyone to be proper. It's also like they highlight the ring in the extensive retouching process to make sure you see it that bugs me.

southpawboston

And neither of us would be so stupid as to check the carseat :p

:confused: we check one of our two carseats (and keep DD2 on our lap) because otherwise we have to pay for an additional seat, which can be beyond what we can afford. i don't see the harm in that. or maybe i am just stupid.

ThreeBeans

Sorry, didn't mean to offend. But I personally think if you can't afford to put baby in a harnessed seat, you need to not fly. It's horribly unsafe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC