help me find a dedicated booster for Summer.

alake

We have gone from a one car family to a two car family. Summer has met my minimum to go into a booster seat full time. She has finished kindergarten, and is over 40 pounds. She has asked to go into a booster full time, so we are going to put the one frontier in my guys car for Leah, and have one in mine for her. We have a Graco HBB that she uses in the baby sitters car, which will go in Mike`s, but need a new one for mine. I am thinking the Britax Booster, but don`t know. She is 44 pounds and about 43 inches, give or take an inch tall, with a 14.5 inch torso. She is 5.5 years old. What is your opinion. Are they available in the cow print in Canada, that is the one that she really, really wants!!

Last edited:
ADS

mommycat

Yes, the PWSGs are definitely available in Cow print in Canada. :D I would try her in one before you buy just to be sure on fit. I find it positions the shoulder belt a bit wider than the TB so on a narrow-shouldered child it may or may not be too wide. DS1 rides in one in our Civic and I adjusted the shoulder belt guides a notch higher a bit early to help position the belt better. I still have to watch him if he falls asleep or leans to the side because if he leans against the side of the booster away from the belt too much it goes over the ball of his shoulder.
attachment.php

alake

The reason I am not buying a second set of Frontier's is that we are moving to the states in January. We are going to have to sell, or donate the two that we have already. We are planning a few road trips due to Mike's work out of town, and we will move the other frontier into the vehicle that we are using for her. This was the one stipulation that I had, and she agreed to it. She fits extremely well in her Turbo booster, should we just purchase a second Turbo, since it will only 99.9% of the time be used within city limits.

mommycat

Is she in the second vehicle a lot, or for long times? I would probably just buy another Turbo, or even a Harmony backless for $17+tax at Walmart if the trips are usually short in one of the vehicles, and then get the Cowmoo PWSG once you are in the States.

alake

She will not be in the second vehicle often. Mostly to school, and home from the babysitter. These are both within 6 blocks of our home, so a harmony for the second maybe right what we are looking for. I think you are right about getting one for in the states. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC