OMG worst thing i've ever seen

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
A little girl around 8 years old hanging on the outside of a moving car in a foodlion parking lot...so i did the most reasonable thing and texted one of the police officers that I know in that town he said he'd take care of it!

ADS

morninglori

I saw 3 kids with their heads out of the sunroof driving in our local Safeway parkinglot the other day....:thumbsdown:

Kat_Momof3

wow... wish I had an officer's phone number on speeddial for times like that, but at least hopefully this child will be made safer.

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
it was crazy though because i was in line checking out and I look outside and see this girl on the side of this suv hanging on and its moving...next thing I hear is someone needs to call the cops and I was like i'll text one...It was just crazy who would do that

Emi's Mommy

I've seen kids being picked up from the elementary school a block away from my house hanging halfway out the car windows :(

hrice

I saw a kid about 5 sitting in the window of a moving SUV in the Costco parking lot on Sunday.

cookie123

I saw a 3 or 4 year old at the most - kiddo in the front seat - no child seat leaving McDonald's yesterday. I couldn't tell if the seat belt was on at all. :(

cmm7

At a check I did at BRU last week I noticed a car drive in with 2 little kids both in the front seat with no seatbelt. Thankfully we had an on duty police officer helping out and he went over and told them they had to come to the check or he was going to ticket her. Turned out she also had a FF infant seat in the back w/ baby only buckled with one of the buckles. Other side was completely loose.

mlohry

I saw a little girl playing dolls in the back seat of a moving car, they got on the freeway :( she was maybe 4, Grandma was driving :(
I said a prayer for her!

Brigala

CPST Instructor
At a check I did at BRU last week I noticed a car drive in with 2 little kids both in the front seat with no seatbelt. Thankfully we had an on duty police officer helping out and he went over and told them they had to come to the check or he was going to ticket her. Turned out she also had a FF infant seat in the back w/ baby only buckled with one of the buckles. Other side was completely loose.

Wow.

I wish all law enforcement officers cared as much about child safety.

alake

That is horrible. I was beside a lady today while driving, and this little hand reached into the front seat of the car. There was no car seat, or any child restraint in the car. I know you can`t tell the age by the size of the hand but it seemed tiny. On a good not today was parade day in my home town, and there was many children restrained in car seats, including in antique cars.

Kat_Momof3

what were they in when they left?

cmm7

what were they in when they left?

We put the baby's seat in properly, provided her with one booster, and made her go buy another booster. The boys were 4.5 yr old twins and the baby was, I believe, 3 months. One of the boys was only 36 pounds, but we didn't have anything else available so we did the best we could.

Wow.

I wish all law enforcement officers cared as much about child safety.

He didn't want to go over. I pointed it out and he kind of brushed me off. Then another officer (off duty) heard me and made that one go over.

MaggieQ

Senior Community Member
I just watched a woman with 6 children pile into a minivan with no seats in it...and load it with groceries. The oldest maybe 7 yr old climbed in the front seat. :(

menfusse

I don't get what goes through people's heads? I've only called one time. Mom and grandma pull up to the photography studio next door to the shop I work in on the weekends. Baby was about 18 months old, if that. He was sitting on the center console up front between mom and grandma. I waited to call to make sure they intended to ride that same way out (thinking or hoping that they had ubuckled him just as pulling into the parking lot?), which also gave me the chance to really describe the vehicle and get the plates. There was a seat installed in the back seat. Sure enough, they go to pull out and he is in grandma's lap, but that wasn't good enough for him and the mom gets him and puts him in HER lap and TRIES TO DRIVE THAT WAY!!!!! I don't know if they were caught. I sure hope they were. They seemed like they were genuinely concerned when I called, but who knows.

mommycat

:( Wow.

That's pretty bad that the police officer had to be bullied into going to do his job and protect those kids in the BRU parking lot.

Some people just don't htink things through.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC