Fronteir 85 in 2008 Ford Fusion or 2008 Jeep GC Laredo?

Kayleen

Anyone have experience using the Frontier 85 in a 2008 Ford Fusion or a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo? Will it fit properly? Any issues?
TIA

*I miss my minivan. I wouldn't even have to ask for that*

ETA: Took a long roadtrip this last weekend. 5+ hours each way. Took the 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. Installed the FR85 rear driver's side with latch. Doesn't look very reclined, but apparently it is much more so than the GN was. I think it really has to do with the fact that there isn't much behind DD's head so she could actually lay it back and be supported while she slept. She only slept on the second day of traveling, but it was amazing. I was so thrilled that her head wasn't falling forward. She looked so much more comfortable. She would roll her head from side to side prediodically, but no slump!!! The one portion she slept for about 2 hours straight. No drool, no slump, no coughing when she woke up. No red marks on her chin from laying on the chest clip. So happy!

Planning a short trip next weekend in the Fusion to see if we have the same results, before I order another one (possibly). I feel the need to have a girl color seat at least in my vehicle. DH's car has the GN/Boy colors so he feels more masculine (as much as you can with a carseat in your vehicle!).

Last edited:
ADS

Kayleen

Yep, definitely planning on using latch, since DD is only 34-35#. Anyone actually used this seat in these vehicles or similar vehicles? I am trying to get rid of the GN head slump. I really hope this will work.

Kayleen

I got brave and ordered a FR85 from Amazon. I signed up for Prime so I got one day shipping for 3.99. Lets hope I'm not disappointed. I paid $212 for the Rushmore. Hopefully it is a decent date on it and works with my vehicles no problem.

Hopefully my husband doesn't kill me, but I trasnsferred my paypal account which covered half of it. He knew I wanted one of these. I know he doesn't like the GN head slump either. Its better than paying $300+ for it. :) I could still sell one of the GN to recoup some more money too.

Spam

have fun playing with it! We have one in our '07 milan and it's an easy install, especially with latch.

Kayleen

I really like that there are slots in the cover that allow me to pull the latch strap through to get good leverage to tighten them. It is a really easy install. I can't believe how much TA strap there is. I was able to stand outside behind my jeep and still hold the strap. Great idea to sew an elastic loop on the end to keep it neat.

We went for a short ride and while it doesn't look very reclined, DD had to really move her head back to relax so I think she will be able to sleep with no head slump. Let's hope. Tomorrow and Saturday are the test. We have a 5 hour drive each way. At some point she will sleep.

Kayleen

Took a long roadtrip this last weekend. 5+ hours each way. Took the 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. Installed the FR85 rear driver's side with latch. Doesn't look very reclined, but apparently it is much more so than the GN was. I think it really has to do with the fact that there isn't much behind DD's head so she could actually lay it back and be supported while she slept. She only slept on the second day of traveling, but it was amazing. I was so thrilled that her head wasn't falling forward. She looked so much more comfortable. She would roll her head from side to side prediodically, but no slump!!! The one portion she slept for about 2 hours straight. No drool, no slump, no coughing when she woke up. No red marks on her chin from laying on the chest clip. So happy!

Planning a short trip next weekend in the Fusion to see if we have the same results, before I order another one (possibly). I feel the need to have a girl color seat at least in my vehicle. DH's car has the GN/Boy colors so he feels more masculine (as much as you can with a carseat in your vehicle!).

Kayleen

Just for more information. Love the Frontier85 in both our vehicles. No headslump once DD lays her head back. Easy installs. Ordered a second FR85 for the other vehicle. Lets hope the DOM is just as new as the first one!

Overall very very pleased with this seat!

DD is on the middle harness adjustments (somewhere in the middle out of 10 adjustments). Sleeps very comfortably.

In this pic we were coming back from boating on the lake and she fell asleep. It was nap time anyway. Her new thing is to cross one leg up like an adult. Cute.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC