The First Years/Lamaze Via

tl01

I just saw this seat at BRU for the first time. Since it says it can hold a baby up to 35 lbs, I wanted to see how DS2 fit. He's about 25 lbs and I can't remember how tall at 14 months. Torso-wise he's got a tiny bit of space left in his CCO and has just about outgrown his SS1. He has a realllly long torso. While he wouldn't likely make it to 35 lbs in this seat, I was impressive by its height. It seems a little narrow though for a short 35lbs child.

I did like the look of the lock offs on the seat itself and the base. I assume those are for installing without the base. Between the two lockoff on the seat and the level, there sure are a lot of things for a parent to look at. I know they are trying to make it easier for parents to use, but at first glance it seems to be a little complicated looking. The seat had a tag on it that said it has to be installed with the base to get to 35 lbs... I wonder at what point that becomes required. I loved the cover btw... and the infant insert was nicely padded. I have no idea how well it would fit a smaller kid. Sorry if this is all redundant. Last thing... I liked how it had an easily adjustable harness like on the TF... but it sort of makes it hard to see which slot you are really on. I tried to do a search but didn't find much.

Obviously with the infant insert out but I left the headrest in.

73441ad7.jpg

7a13124d.jpg

Side shot
7cfae3a3.jpg

Without the infant insert
cd06c159.jpg

With the infant insert
f6434226.jpg

Side lock off and level
82b914c4.jpg

Base with lock off
aaf50d2e.jpg

Base with the recline foot somewhat extended
9a2783dd.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

lovemybabies924

omg i was just wishing yesterday that DDs chaperone had a lock off on the seat to use baseless....arrrg too bag i just bought it..

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I can't wait to play with it! Also, we need side-by-side pics of it, the OB35, and the Shuttle 33...

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
how is the canopy is it wimpy like the onboards? this might be a contender to get my aunt for her new baby due next February

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I have the Via (the older version) and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it.

eyeslikethesky-- the canopy is AWESOME. I will post pics.

T4K

Jessica61624 said:
I think its crazy that the via and truefit both rf to 35 lbs. It looks nice though!

Yup. I think a 40+ weight limit for the TF is in order. Dorel did it for the Scenera!

creideamh

Ugh, I really needed the lockoffs when installing without a base on a few past vacations. That looks so awesome.

Irishmama

I love the completely unenthusiastic look on your kiddo's face. "There she goes again with the car seats. :rolleyes: " LOL. He's a cutie, btw. And thanks for the pics!

henrietta

great...will this work with any other strollers than first years?

I had the original version (Compass I420) and used it w/the adaptor bar that came w/my Zooper Swing stroller and it did great. The only problem was that the old version had these metal things on the sides for attaching it solidly to the Inglesina Zippy stroller that it was made to go with. They got in the way a bit. Don't know if the newer versions have that though.

hths

henrietta

tl01

I love the completely unenthusiastic look on your kiddo's face. "There she goes again with the car seats. :rolleyes: " LOL. He's a cutie, btw. And thanks for the pics!

Let me tell you.. this is much better than his usual reaction to car seats:). There is one seat he loves... When it is in the house, he sits in his brother's First Years B570 booster all the time. He thinks it is his special recliner.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
great...will this work with any other strollers than first years?

I don't generally use carseats with strollers, but I did use this with my Peg Perego Pliko, and it worked great. It sat all the way down behind the bar, which worked well. It will also fit in the Baby Jogger if the bar is attached. :)

sunnymw

Okay, this is the second thread and still no one has posted a pic of the lock off behind the baby's head... The euro routing lock offs. Is no one noticing it? Is it not there?? I see it on the 360deg view on TFY's website.

I may have to ride to my TRU today to see if they have this yet.

Typed with fat fingers on a tiny touchscreen keyboard, please excuse typos and autocorrects...

tl01

Okay, this is the second thread and still no one has posted a pic of the lock off behind the baby's head... The euro routing lock offs. Is no one noticing it? Is it not there?? I see it on the 360deg view on TFY's website.

I may have to ride to my TRU today to see if they have this yet.

Typed with fat fingers on a tiny touchscreen keyboard, please excuse typos and autocorrects...

I only looked at the seat for about 3 minutes. I did see the handle to pull to remove it from the base but otherwise I didn't really study the seat.

lanwenyi

Yes, the euro routing lock-off is there on the back of the via. I played w/ it briefly @ my BRU. I wish I'd had the time to try it in my car (even though I'm done having babies and I never liked buckets anyway; I think I have a problem. . . . :rolleyes: )

DH was excited to find a TFP in store, in case we ever have to replace the one we have!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC