Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Carseat Crazy

Saw something disturbing

Ok need to vent. Yesterday evening I stopped in at the grocery store and a lady pulled in beside me. I of course immediately looked at her car-seats. She had a combination of some sort in booster mode and a scerna. Sigh the scerna was FF'ing, was not tethered and the harness was on the lowest setting with the infant head insert attached. Anyway you slice it that is bad news!!! Would you have left a note? I feel now like I should have & I feel like crap :-(

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Saw something disturbing

It's possible she was transporting it like that just to keep it from becoming a projectile. I know I have driven around with a seat buckled in but not "installed" just to keep it from flying around. It's not likely, but I like to think it's a possibility in these situations.

The godkids are growing!
    J 9/09 and J&A 1/15

Moderator - CPST Instructor QuassEE's Avatar

A friend lent me an infant seat, recently.. Which she transported in the passenger seat of her car, rear-facing. She got a number of dirty looks and one woman tried to get her attention to let her know that it was dangerous You do never know.. but here in BC, I leave BCTSF hotline business cards on windshields

-N.

Abbi (9, Ozzi/Olli), Aiden (11, Affix), Mason (16), & Kyle (18) in '02 Protege5 & '11 Ody TE.
    It's like free money...Couponsurfers.com

Carseat Crazy
    At the time I thought that as well that maybe it was bucked w/ belt to keep it from flying around and it wasn't being used. I really hope so!!

Due to an emergency I had to pick up my friends girls from there dad after a weekend with him. I had my car seats installed in the middle row of my van, my girl`s were with there dad. They had there seats with them, so I put one of there nautilus car seats accross the back road of my van, and the other one I buckled into the front seat of my van.
    Summer Dec 2005 80 pounds, Leah Aug 2007 40 pounds
    Eryn Aug 2012 22 pounds,Mallory 15months and Logan
    Rebecca, 3 months adopted in April, weighing 13 and a half pounds.

I hope it was just buckled in to keep it from flying around.
    After teaching a course one weekend, I did drive to the grocery store with no less than 9 training seats buckled in pretty creatively in my van, including a scenera in the front seat. I parked really far away in the hopes that no one would look in the windows and wonder!
    Natalie, CRST-I, mum of Greg (15), Megan (10), Benjamin and Samuel (6).