Vent Saw something disturbing

acoro

Ok need to vent. Yesterday evening I stopped in at the grocery store and a lady pulled in beside me. I of course immediately looked at her car-seats. She had a combination of some sort in booster mode and a scerna. Sigh the scerna was FF'ing, was not tethered and the harness was on the lowest setting with the infant head insert attached. Anyway you slice it that is bad news!!! Would you have left a note? I feel now like I should have & I feel like crap :-(

ADS

Brianna

It's possible she was transporting it like that just to keep it from becoming a projectile. I know I have driven around with a seat buckled in but not "installed" just to keep it from flying around. It's not likely, but I like to think it's a possibility in these situations.

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
A friend lent me an infant seat, recently.. Which she transported in the passenger seat of her car, rear-facing. She got a number of dirty looks and one woman tried to get her attention to let her know that it was dangerous :) You do never know.. but here in BC, I leave BCTSF hotline business cards on windshields :)

-N.

acoro

At the time I thought that as well that maybe it was bucked w/ belt to keep it from flying around and it wasn't being used. I really hope so!!

alake

Due to an emergency I had to pick up my friends girls from there dad after a weekend with him. I had my car seats installed in the middle row of my van, my girl`s were with there dad. They had there seats with them, so I put one of there nautilus car seats accross the back road of my van, and the other one I buckled into the front seat of my van.

tiggercat

I hope it was just buckled in to keep it from flying around.
After teaching a course one weekend, I did drive to the grocery store with no less than 9 training seats buckled in pretty creatively in my van, including a scenera in the front seat. I parked really far away in the hopes that no one would look in the windows and wonder!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC