Question FF in a RA 50 or My Ride?

mlohry

This is a question for a friend, not me, I know better. A friend needs a new seat for her 3 mos old large baby. Target has their seats on clearance. I told her to get a RA 50 or a MR, problem is, I don't know if she will follow the RF until 2 rule, SO if she chooses not to, which seat is better for her son? I have heard about not so great head excursion on the older generation Britax seats, but I have heard good things about the MR being better if someone is not going to ERF. I am positive she won't RF past 2.

ADS

Brianna

The MR is very reclined forward facing, it's actually more reclined FF in my car than it is RF. I don't know about Britax or head excursion number though.

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
I hate the MR forward facing, but in my car it's ridiculously reclined. My 4 year old rides in a FF RA50 and I have no issues with him doing so. I really like the seat. Very easy to use, adjust, and it's comfortable (according to my kids).

If she's not going to ERF, and she's not going to buy a new seat if the MR isn't good when FF in her car, I think the RA50 is a safer bet.

agave

I just replaced a crashed MyRide with a RA50 because of the FF recline. My 3 yr old rode in it RF for almost a month RF after RF in the MyRide but didn't complain about the loss of leg room. My 19 month old seems to like it too.

NannyMom

I'm going against the flow and voting My Ride. side impacts is a big risk to young FFers. The My Ride has such high, deep sides, I'd go for that.

mlohry

She went with the My Ride, her DH hates the Chaperone they have, so he didn't want to go Britax. I think it's a good option, especially since I got a major fray with my RA 50 after less than a year, but Britax did send me a MA 70 for my troubles. She got the MR for 100$ on clearance.

mlohry

Sorry, the MR was out of stock. Any other ideas. She only has Target and Walmart where she lives, I don't think she will order online. She already has a Scenera she got free from some program, but doesn't like it, she said it seems flimsy, but she wanted to use her 10 year old sons seat!
I like our Scenera, it's so easy to install as a 2nd seat in multiple vehicles.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC