3 across possiblility?

Baylor

So we are going on a trip this Saturday and Dh wants to get 3 car seats in my car.

So I need to know if I could get 2 GN's and an Eddie Bauer in the third row of a Grand Caravan 2001. I cannot put DS1 in a booster in the middle because no shoulder belt..

Any ideas?

ETA: Sorry.. Alpha Omega elite.

Any other ideas to get 2 adults in the back 5 positions with the kids?

ADS

rachelandtyke

Honestly, I'd put the AO in the middle of the back bench with an adult on either side and the GNs in the captain's chairs. Or is the 2nd row a bench?

I don't think you can get 2 GN and an AO all in the back - I have a 2001 T&C and I think the 3rd row is pretty similar.

Baylor

Honestly, I'd put the AO in the middle of the back bench with an adult on either side and the GNs in the captain's chairs. Or is the 2nd row a bench?

I don't think you can get 2 GN and an AO all in the back - I have a 2001 T&C and I think the 3rd row is pretty similar.

That sounds like an idea..

I was thinking about letting her son use my GN on the second bench, Putting the other GN with it with my DS2 and then Me and other mom and Mason in a booster in the back. The only problem is that He would have to be outboard. If I put the Gn back there in the middle. it does not leave much room for people on either side.

rachelandtyke

Oh, didn't realize the AO would be in booster mode. I was thinking of it being in harnessed mode. You don't really want an adult in the center of the back with a lap belt only, so I'd try really hard to have a harnessed seat there.

rachelandtyke

Just looked up the measurements. We've put a TF in the center of the rear bench and it's 19.5 in wide and then had an average adult on either side. Looks like the GN measures 19-19.25 in wide. So it might be possible depending on the size of the adults. (assuming your 3rd row is the same size as mine)

3acorns4Christy

The best way I can tell you how to figure out 3 across. Take all your seats out that are possibility. Try them in each possible seating arrangement and install them all independently. It's fun and a PITA at the same time, but from expierence what works in measurements or in someone elses car may not work in yours.

Baylor

The best way I can tell you how to figure out 3 across. Take all your seats out that are possibility. Try them in each possible seating arrangement and install them all independently. It's fun and a PITA at the same time, but from expierence what works in measurements or in someone elses car may not work in yours.

Yeah.. I am sure this is best, It is just so stinking hot today..

The AE is in harness mode. THe GN's are mine.. one in harness one in booster mode.. But I am thinking if can put my older ds in another booster, It may be easier, smaller..

I have that Intera in my shed.. is that about the same size as the AE? Could I use that to play with for now?

Baylor

What about a Turbo for the drive. Those are much narrower then the GN

Maybe... I have a Pronto that I hate ... but I could use that too if I had to.

It is that we are driving into the city.. So high speeds lots of crazy people..and I just want to make sure I have the best protection I can..

Baylor

One other question..

Can I use the belt from the far side of the car for the middle position in the second row to booster DS1? Is that safe? I hope I am explaining it right..

momtoo3

One other question..

Can I use the belt from the far side of the car for the middle position in the second row to booster DS1? Is that safe? I hope I am explaining it right..

If you are talking about using the belt on a second row bench seat on the side that has the space to climb in then yes, it is fine as long as the seat belt moves freely through the belt guide.

I feel your pain with 3 across the 3rd row. The only combos that work in my 03 are PWSG, FF Scenera, Big Kid and replacing the Scenera with a CarGo but that way is hard to buckle. I have played with so many seats in my van the past few weeks to be able to get 6 seats back there with 2 3rd row benches. How big is the extra child?

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
You can borrow my Radian, Frontier, or CA if you want and are unable to get a three across with your seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC