Can I see your "big kid" in a Monterey?

luckyclov

I think DS1's Monterey is wack. He's 8 1/2 years old but only 51". He has a long torso, but that doesn't matter for booster use...right?:confused:

He appears to be on the last click already, with about 1/2 inch until the guide is shoulder level. I don't get it...he should have more room to grow...

When DH gets home tonight, I'm going to try him in DD's Monterey. Maybe his is jammed or something.

ADS

menfusse

I don't have a pic, but A is on the last click and fits similar with the half inch before the shoulder belt is even. She is 9. She's 54 inches, but leggy, so my guess is his long torso is making up the difference in their height when seated.

So yea, it's possible if his overall height is 51, but with a long torso.

djma

DS1 is 8.5 and 53" and has been on the last click for awhile. I think I'll get awhile out of it, but I was kind of bummed he got to it so fast.

mish

I just got a Monterey. Seriously, like 5 minutes ago. When my almost 11 year old gets home I will see how he fits. I think he will fit since I do.

mish

Ok, here is Ryan. He will be 11 on thursday. 5 ft tall, 79 pounds.
2011-07-11122955.jpg

Shoulders:
2011-07-11123010.jpg

ETA: He passes the 5 step test if that tells you more about his size.

luckyclov

Thanks for the pics, A and M.

I still think there's got to be another click left in DS1's Monterey. I'm going to pull it out of the car later and try it again. He has long torso, but it's not weiner dog long...and he's only 51".

Kat_Momof3

I can show you the most obvious difference in torso

Here is Damian - age 9, about 5' tall having obviously recently outgrown it (but he had 5-stepped in this vehicle since age 8... this was his brother's seat)

Damian9yrsoldMonterey.jpg

Jeffrey - age 8.5... 54-55" but only about 1" left (when he sat up a little straighter) till his shoulder would hit the guide... with so little time left, I switched him to full time backless shortly after this) - if you could see Damian's knees in that first pic (they were about 3" past the edge of the booster), you'd really see the difference in their builds.

2010321MontereyLastPic.jpg

luckyclov

Nope, definitely the last click.

Wow. Guess now I *really* can't justify buying one of those $60 strollers.com Montereys! Well, wait...that's still cheaper than a Santa Fe, right?:p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC