Just got my Phil & Ted's and I have a problem!

The Bjorns

I just picked up our Phil & Ted's Sport Buggy today and got it mostly put together. I haven't figured out all the accessories since DD was dying to go on a "test drive" after I put it together. The left wheel seems to be rubbing on the mud guard. Makes the most annoying sound and I think it's messing up the handling a bit. I've taken the wheel off a few times and tried adjusting the mud guard, but it still rubs. Any suggestions? Guess I have to call the store tomorrow. I have not tried switching the wheels and mud guards to different sides.

Also, the sun canopy seems to not stay put. I had a bit of tough time figuring out that part of the instructions, but I think I did it right finally. Does this get "broken in" after a bit of use? It stays down, but if you try to fold it up, it really won't stay and doesn't fold very compact.

Overall, so far so good! :thumbsup: I'm excited to try it with all the accessories! We were having so much fun, my quick to-the-end-of-the-block test drive turned into a super long walk...I'm pooped!

ADS

arly1983

My left wheel rubs the mud guard as well. I ,um, bent it a little and it helped a lot.

The sun canopy and I had an interesting time. It took me a little while to realize that it was only supposed to be "snaped" in on both sides when it is down and in use. You have to unsnap it for it to stay up. HTHs

We love our T & Ps and it is the best for our situation. I can say that honestly after trying a half a dozen other double strollers.

Last edited:

The Bjorns

Arly, I tried bending, but I think I wasn't using enough umph. I'm going to retry again this afternoon. Good tip! I figured out the snap thing on the sun shade this morning while showing my mom how to use it. So far, I'm in love! Can't wait to play with the attachments!

arly1983

If nothing else, go to the phil and teds website and there will be anumber to request a free mud guards kit. You will have to call them, but a new set of mud guards might help...

LEAW

Look at how the mud guards are attached - unscrew them just a smidge, slide them up on the frame, and tighten. They have some movement in them to play with up and down away from the wheels.

jn__

yes just loosen them and fiddle with the height, or sometimes they are twisted around on the bar which causes them to be too close to the front or back of the wheel. Or just take the darn things off, they really don't keep my kids from sticking their hands in the wheel. Without the guards they just rub the top of the tire.. with the guards they reach around and stick their fingers in the spokes. sigh.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC